We are having the most difficult time finding a fifth wheel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
steveblonde said:
little Mustache buddy from Texas (personally i think he may be compensating for something - little guy, big mustache, DODGE Dually :eek:) )kidding kidding kidding

Keep in mind that my friend from the Great White Iceberg is having ME.....Mustache Envy.  :)  He thinks that Crown Royal, John Candy, Rush, and Michael J. Fox make up for them forcing Justin Bieber on the world....And we won't even talk about Nickelback  :p

Class A motorhome is certainly an option, though as Steve mentioned, you'll still need to tow a car behind it so you don't have to break camp and potentially lose your spot if you have to go into town for a loaf of bread.  And they aren't as family friendly....they're designed mostly for senior  snowbirds  with yappy dogs.  ;) 

A big fiver really is your best choice...and if you really want to go big, look into a MDT (Medium duty truck....F450 or equivalent).  You WON'T outgrow this one....it will handle your needs easily

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-450-Lariat-/272108924187?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f5af4ad1b:g:TxQAAOSwJkJWhrQc&item=272108924187

lol i knew there was a retort somewhere in that stash you cant blame us for the beebs unless you take responsibility for the Donald and nickleback is just that - nickleback  but do you notice a trend here they all have more money than me  :-[

ps love that 450  8)

I love that 450 too. I think your best answer is to sell two of your kids. But parents are stubborn and usually won't do that. ;D So you are in between a rock and a hard place. I think you should go for a motorhome. You don't have to spend 100k to get a decent motorhome. Something like this is what I would be looking at if I were you:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classa/2008-Georgetown-By-Forest-River-30859.htm

Bunk beds and plenty of room.

SeilerBird said:
I love that 450 too. I think your best answer is to sell two of your kids. But parents are stubborn and usually won't do that. ;D So you are in between a rock and a hard place. I think you should go for a motorhome. You don't have to spend 100k to get a decent motorhome. Something like this is what I would be looking at if I were you:

That is a SWEET motorhome.  Price isn't bad either.  If I was shopping right now, I'd be tempted to go over to the dark side.  I'd just have to buy a used McNugget car to pull behind it.

SeilerBird said:

problem with that is there are only 2 bunks the advantage of a toy hauler is the beds in the garage are 2 queen size beds that you can easily sleep 3-4 kids in each plus they have a loft that can sleep 2 small kids and a double wide fridge and with min 3 kids on a trip that double wide is nice to have

steveblonde said:
lol i knew there was a retort somewhere in that stash you cant blame us for the beebs unless you take responsibility for the Donald and nickleback is just that - nickleback  but do you notice a trend here they all have more money than me  :-[

ps love that 450  8)

Well, you did give us LaBatt's too....and April Wine and the Guess Who & BTO.....so I guess we can forgive Beebs.  As for The Donald....admit it....you want that hair....and you wanted to be on the Apprentice too!

So there you have it Jennifer....you came here because you were having trouble finding the right fiver....and look!  We made the decision even harder now LOL  ;D

steveblonde said:
problem with that is there are only 2 bunks the advantage of a toy hauler is the beds in the garage are 2 queen size beds that you can easily sleep 3-4 kids in each plus they have a loft that can sleep 2 small kids
Yes but there is also is two sofa sleepers. The problem with hauling that many kids around is space for all their other stuff and holding tank room. I am not recommending that unit in particular, I am just opening them up to other possibilities. The narrower your search criteria is the harder it is to find the right RV.

SeilerBird said:
Yes but there is also is two sofa sleepers. The problem with hauling that many kids around is space for all their other stuff and holding tank room. I am not recommending that unit in particular, I am just opening them up to other possibilities. The narrower your search criteria is the harder it is to find the right RV.
i do realize that - but the original post mentioned them have their own beds is why i commented

"Most likely, each kid will have a friend with them which makes a total of eight people. In the luxury fifth wheels we like, this is just not possible. One thing that could have worked is a bunk house but the beds are not what we want. None of the kids want to sleep in those bunks as they're not comfortable. If they have a sofa bed, it's a jack knife and not a real pull out bed aka not as comfortable."

its one of the unique things about toy haulers - they are so versatile and the garage even comes with carpet

I can tell you exactly how my old man would have solved the overcrowding problem with friends, etc.....In fact, I believe he DID solve the problem this way a time or two....    :)

Attachments

• tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 1
Frizlefrak said:
I can tell you exactly how my old man would have solved the overcrowding problem with friends, etc.....In fact, I believe he DID solve the problem this way a time or two....    :)

your old man slept in a tent? no way i would - if im paying im stayin

steveblonde said:
i do realize that - but the original post mentioned them have their own beds is why i commented

"Most likely, each kid will have a friend with them which makes a total of eight people. In the luxury fifth wheels we like, this is just not possible. One thing that could have worked is a bunk house but the beds are not what we want. None of the kids want to sleep in those bunks as they're not comfortable. If they have a sofa bed, it's a jack knife and not a real pull out bed aka not as comfortable."

its one of the unique things about toy haulers - they are so versatile and the garage even comes with carpet
I understand all that but getting a whole lot of really comfortable beds in any motorhome is very difficult. Yo can't fit that many comfortable beds in the back of a toy hauler.

funny thing is yes you can buy the most awesome trailer in the world and the kids will want to sleep in a tent - why? cause you just blew all your money on some fancy ass trailer we cant sneak out of at night and cause trouble  ;D unless its rain or there are spiders or mice or bats or .....

SeilerBird said:
I understand all that but getting a whole lot of really comfortable beds in any motorhome is very difficult. Yo can't fit that many comfortable beds in the back of a toy hauler.
toy haulers with happy jacks have 2 full size queens size beds in back one over the other and a place to mount a 29 inch tv

SeilerBird said:
I have never heard of those.
check it out toy haulers are not what most people think

http://www.dutchmen.com/media/5748/voltage-v-series-8pg-literature-214-web.pdf

it will suprise you

SeilerBird said:
That is a nice looking rig but the beds do not look comfortable. Maybe with extra mattress added on top.
any factory mattress sucks bar none and i have a bad back 1st thing that went was the factory matress in the bedroom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom