What are different ways to use my camper with full hook up on my land?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are many things folks do that are not legal; speed, roll through stop signs, creep through a red light at 2am when it appears nobody is within a mile. I agree dumping black water on the ground is wrong. We have a composting toilet at our cabin and the contents are dumped in the compost pile. Our grey water waste system will be at least 150’ from the creek and much further than that from a future well. I don’t need an election to install the meter box, wire it, install weatherhead and run the wire up. I’m not asking if I can do this. Our closest neighbor is about 1/2 mile and besides they could care less. They’re all farmers so most likely have done a lot of things on their property they want to keep to themselves.
I dont see anything wrong with what your doing and have educated yourself of any local rules/ laws

it's replies like yours, that people like the OP evidently left the forum!!
You've used that statement several times, but it's also quite possible that the OP never came back to check further at all -- he certainly hasn't been "seen" on this site since the day he posted. There are a lot of times we've seen people make a single post and never come back, and they're certainly not all because they didn't like something that was said.

I may of missed something...but where has anyone on this thread said anything about dumping black water on the ground??
Did it have to be previously mentioned in order to mention it? If so, no one could post.

... I am planning to replace a collapsed Mobile Home and that mobile home existed when I bought the property, they have approved 200amp service.

This bit of information throws a totally new perspective on the land you are attempting to use. Considering there was (or is) a mobile home, tells me the electric service is already installed to this location. All you need to do is have the power company hook up a "new" service for you. Should be relatively simple.

Considering there was already a mobile home there, the property probably already has a water source (either city water or a well), and it should already have city sewer service or a septic tank.

I don't know what kind of inspections are needed, if any, on the well or the septic to start using them again. If you were building a new building, (a stick and brick house), then you'd probably need some kind of inspection everything is connected correctly, but that would be about all.

I think what you are proposing is very doable, ESPECIALLY if a mobile home already existed there. Somehow, you'll need to convince the power company that the electric service for the property is going to be used for a permanent dwelling.

I still think, if you are going through this much headache, if you could actually build a building, a small garage, even a garden house, you'd have a permanent structure on the property. Then you can run anything you need for your camper.

Why not build a permanent structure with a living room, kitchen, and bath, and then attach a gigantic RV port to park your camper under. You'd have a fantastic arrangement then. I'd love to do something like that!

This bit of information throws a totally new perspective on the land you are attempting to use. Considering there was (or is) a mobile home, tells me the electric service is already installed to this location. All you need to do is have the power company hook up a "new" service for you. Should be relatively simple.

Considering there was already a mobile home there, the property probably already has a water source (either city water or a well), and it should already have city sewer service or a septic tank.

I don't know what kind of inspections are needed, if any, on the well or the septic to start using them again. If you were building a new building, (a stick and brick house), then you'd probably need some kind of inspection everything is connected correctly, but that would be about all.

I think what you are proposing is very doable, ESPECIALLY if a mobile home already existed there. Somehow, you'll need to convince the power company that the electric service for the property is going to be used for a permanent dwelling.

I still think, if you are going through this much headache, if you could actually build a building, a small garage, even a garden house, you'd have a permanent structure on the property. Then you can run anything you need for your camper.

Why not build a permanent structure with a living room, kitchen, and bath, and then attach a gigantic RV port to park your camper under. You'd have a fantastic arrangement then. I'd love to do something like that!
This threads drifted a bit from the original post:

"I don't need any comments on IF I can do it legally. I need to know how to do it. How can I get septic without actually having a business come dig and install? What about electric? Would I need a business to do install a well? Or what are other ways can I live in my camper without forking over tons of money? I need all amenities because I will be living in it during the summer months.

I need to have use to a bathroom close by so renting or buying a Porta potty is out of the question. I have to be able to use the toilet that's in the camper.

If I can get help on all 3 areas (well, electric, septic) that would be great!

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!"

Not intending to hijack this thread. I was just relating how many jurisdictions regulate the land use by the counties approving what the power companies can supply.

I've been at my property development since March. It's all well in hand...

For the OP of this thread (if he ever comes back) the septic and water are not really the issue. One can do those on one's own if one wants to. The power is the key.

I suppose one could do a full time generator and truck in fuel or do a solar array but the more infrastructure one builds, presumably the higher the chance of getting on someone's radar.

I have seen houses being built and the power company runs power to a piece of plywood nailed to two supports. The power can be accessed there. They do this for the construction to have power and that same power eventually gets run to the house. I imagine there is a meter involved too. Not sure if you can do it without having the building permit or not though.

The average person commits 3 felonies per day and does not know it.

no, Im talking about obscure laws. Cant step on that flower. Dont throw your cola in that stream. Just dumb laws that exist and nobody knows about except the cop looking to arrest you.

no, Im talking about obscure laws. Cant step on that flower. Dont throw your cola in that stream. Just dumb laws that exist
I don't think littering is nice. I can't believe you like to look at trash all around. I think you are chatting out your butt.

I have seen houses being built and the power company runs power to a piece of plywood nailed to two supports. The power can be accessed there.
I have temp power on our property. Two 4x4’s with a couple 2x10’s screwed across then. A weatherproof electric box with 6 breaker spaces and a meter box. Ran number 2 wire up the tallest 4x4 and put a weatherhead in. Cost me $9,000 to have power brought in from across the creek. Our new cabin has a 200 amp panel on the rear. I have to install a meter box with conduit leading to a weatherhead a few feet above the roof. Power company will set a pole and run service to the cabin for no charge.

Just courious, does anyone remember what the OP asked without going back and looking?
Does it matter? Most threads, when they get long, will drift away from the original subject matter. This heppens on every forum I've used -- it's just human nature. I don't know of rules limiting a thread to one subject, although morally we need to get the OP's question/problem addressed, preferably early on. Are you proposing a new rule? Ask Tom...

Does it matter? Most threads, when they get long, will drift away from the original subject matter. This heppens on every forum I've used -- it's just human nature.
Yep, not at all unlike any conversation in person when someone adds a "by the way..." as an opening to discuss something else, related or unrelated. Never saw thread "drift" as a particular problem.

So now I guess I should go back and see what in heck this thread was about in he first place before I added yet another unrelated post...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom