Who Eats Hard Boiled Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry you feel that way.

The only thing better (in my opinion) than a hard boiled egg is one that was pickled.

Got me away from the desk and into the kitchen.  Trid the poke a hole, worked good on 2 of the 4, but 2 I may have made too large and it ended up cracking. 

1joester2 said:
I will be trying the scotch eggs soon. I can't believe I never heard of them!

Be careful, they are dangerous!!  My wife will not let me have them as she can't eat them, too much fat.  I have no problems that way except for my weight!    :(

SmokerBill said:
Now that you mention duck eggs... anyone here ever try balut? I will not describe it or post a picture here out as a courtesy, but if you are brave and want to see what it is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_%28egg%29. I tried it once and survived the experience. To me, it tasted somewhat like chicken liver.

Never got that drunk.

Also never ate any of that dried squid hanging from a cart rack and sold by street vendors.
Couldn't handle the little black deep fried beetles sold by the small paper bag either.

There was some really good food in Vietnam but some wasn't very appetizing.

Jim Godward said:
Be careful, they are dangerous!!  My wife will not let me have them as she can't eat them, too much fat.  I have no problems that way except for my weight!    :(

Grandma always told me that a little of everything in moderation was a good thing. How about i don't eat potato chips on the same day?

As far as balut goes, I would have to have it in front of me to determine if I could eat it. So far, I have not had that opportunity. Not sure I'll be looking for it either....

Wi1d Bill said:
I read somewhere that 9 out of 10 people that passed away last year ate carrots sometime in their life....

Don't eat carrots...your Mother was wrong!

An even more frightening study was about the number of folks that died while in a bed - something like 90 plus percent. So best to stay out of beds . . .  :(

One way I like hard boiled eggs is simply to slice and place on a sandwich. I place the egg in the slicer length wise. That way, more slices contain part of the yolk.

And the best way to peel a hard boiled egg. I find that tapping it on the counter as most do - but then, I roll it back and forth on the counter under my hand. Sometimes by just tapping once, then rolling back and forth will quickly push the shell off. But most of the time I tap them all the way around, the roll back and forth prior to peeling.

But to be really professional, follow this method of peeling by an obvious (from his presentation) world class Russion chef:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opK1Py1Zkt4

OK, everyone that watches this is now heading to the kitchen to boil some eggs.
Probably not share the technique with folks enjoying your deviled eggs though.

My MIL gave me an Eggie made by Cusinart it is great for boiled eggs, I guess they are really steamed but come out the same.
One things that is good is sliced eggs on Pizza.

Hard boiled eggs are a convenient and favorite breakfast when I head out for some early morning bass fishing. The eggs can be prepared the day/night before, kept overnight in the refrigerator, and can either be shelled after boiling or shelled immediately before eating. In the latter case, I tap the shell on the gunnel (aka gunwhale) of the aluminum bass boat, and collect the pieces of shell in a small plastic baggie. A second baggie contains salt, a must-have (for me) with hard boiled eggs.

Chris' Scotch eggs are always a big hit as finger food when we have guests over. She prepares a large pot of them, and serves them sliced with optional mustard and other condiments. Guests get first pickings, and there's never any eggs left for me afterwards  :(

Keep eating them anyway you like folks !
They're good and nutritious, excellent for your health and the cheapest form of protein you can buy !
We're third generation egg farmers...been eating eggs everyday since I was old enough to remember !
Black

Since it's getting a little cooler up here on the norther Ohio and cabin fever will be sitting in soon I'm going to cold smoke some hard boiled eggs along with some cheese.  Tried some last winter and I thought they needed a little more smokey favor. I used apple, think I'll try Hickory.

Three pages of "Who eats hard boiled eggs?" and not one mention of Cool Hand Luke...  ;D
I gotta try that scotch eggs recipe. Sounds like heaven.

BinaryBob said:
Three pages of "Who eats hard boiled eggs?" and not one mention of Cool Hand Luke...  ;D
I gotta try that scotch eggs recipe. Sounds like heaven.
He ended up dead at the end of the movie.  Just goes to show ya..., too much of any thing will kill ya!

Scotch eggs are great!!!!!

Clay L said:
There was some really good food in Vietnam but some wasn't very appetizing.

The Bar-B-Que monkey meat wasn't too bad..or whatever that was I ate in Da Nang.

Back
Top Bottom