Wiring and plumbing diagrams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

401 discovery

My wife and I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 39r and are in need of electrical and plumbing schematics. Fleetwood was unable to help due to the fact Fleetwood Enterprise file bankruptcy in 2009. They did however suggest this forum so I'm hoping somebody here can help us.

The Fleetwood of today is a totally different company than the one that went through bankruptcy and was liquidated in 2009 so they have very little if any information about what you have. Most manufacturers are very poor about supplying that kind of information, with the only exception that I know of being Winnebago. If you don't get any help from Discovery owners on these forums, you may want to also try the Escapees RV Club forums and also the Discovery Owners group.

As most electrical and plumbing is the same as most all RVs, any specific question or concern you have? Many knowledgeable people here can give great advise.

Most of the wiring and plumbing is so simple there is no great need for diagrams.

AC wiring runs the air conditioner, the microwave, some outlets, maybe the hot water tank and the converter that charges the battery.

The battery runs the lights, the water pump, the furnace fan, the circuit boards in the fridge and hot water heater, the bathroom fan and maybe an inverter for AC power off grid.

A lot of the wiring runs from the fuse box up to the ceiling and across the top. Google RV roof repair and you'll see how it's done on a video where somone has removed their roof to repair it.

Propane runs the hot water heater, the furnace, the stove and the refrigerator.

There is a clean water tank that will hold around 40 gallons and is pumped to the sinks, showers and toilet with the 12VDC pump. The hot water heater will provide heated water on demand if it's been turned on and/or lit. There will also be a connection outside for "city water" that connects to the plumbing system "after" the pump and will supply everything without filling the tank or running the pump. There will be a second outside connection to fill the tank. Some units have one connection and a "diverter valve" to direct the water where you ant it to go.

Most of the plumbing is "inside" the trailer, it's at the back of the cabinets and behind the sinks and under the fridge and stove. This keeps it from freezing as long as you run the furnace when you're camping in cold weather. I replaced all of my pipes and they were all accessible inside the unit.

Water from the sinks and shower go to the grey tank, Toilet flushes go to the black tank.

Somebody here may have the schematics that match yours, but the Discovery Owners group is a much better bet (see Kirk's reply for the link).

Meanwhile, other than specific questions related to wire locations and shared circuits, odds are good that we can help with most questions. Details may differ, but most RV systems are very much alike. Furthermore, Fleetwood uses the same basic designs across their line-up, so other Fleetwood brand owners may have on-target advice.

My wife and I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery 39r and are in need of electrical and plumbing schematics. Fleetwood was unable to help due to the fact Fleetwood Enterprise file bankruptcy in 2009. They did however suggest this forum so I'm hoping somebody here can help us.
you need what is known as the shop drawings and highly unlikely to find/ I tried years ago with my 2008 Tioga and had no luck. Wishing you some luck

Back
Top Bottom