Would you buy this macerator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

I want to connect a macerator on our coach so we'll be able to dump into our 1,000 gal. home septic tank about 150' away from where we park it. Across that total length it's a gradual downhill slope.

Came up with this SewerFlo RV Macerator model and would like any opinions as to whether this particular model would do the job, or perhaps an alternate recommendation based on your experience?

HueyPilotVN

I have used that same macerator.

It works well. I pumped to a cleanout at the back of the garage thru a 100 foot hose.

Be careful what goes down into your tank.

SpencerPJ

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Most any RV-style macerator should work with a level or downhill run. You just need a decent size hose (1" or more) and a good 12v source & wiring (the pump draws a lot of amp and may run 15-20 minutes). I used 1-1/4" PVC at my house (about 50 ft & level).

Some of the more expensive macerator pumps have larger motors and more robust components. That could be a factor if you pump often, but probably not if only used once in awhile.

jymbee

Most any RV-style macerator should work with a level or downhill run. You just need a decent size hose (1" or more) and a good 12v source & wiring (the pump draws a lot of amp and may run 15-20 minutes). I used 1-1/4" PVC at my house (about 50 ft & level).

Some of the more expensive macerator pumps have larger motors and more robust components. That could be a factor if you pump often, but probably not if only used once in awhile.
Appreciate the input Gary. As we probably wouldn't use it more than a few times a year, now debating whether to go with something above ground (hose & reel e.g.) or go to the effort to install PVC in a trench under ground.

whiteva

Following hurricane mickey, I used the Amarine pump for almost 8 months.(we lived in the MH until the house was restored) Pumped out every Friday using a 100 ft garden hose with a 3 foot rise to the septic tank. Worked like a champ.

John From Detroit

That is the 3rd make I have seen.. the other two are almost identical to it, the major difference is the name on the label (The othe two use the dame motor)

I have one I'm no longer in need of, Have used it several times.. Very happy with it

Suggest a 5" clear extension between RV and Macerator

ONE Fault they all seem to have is what I (And a few others in a different field) call "Sticktion" When it has been used, once, then the next time the rotor (impeller blades) tend to stick... Well the maker knows this so the motor shaft extends out the bottom of the motor. Take any flat tool (Quarter works well( and give it a twist in the obvious direction (Clockwise)
On that model I suspect said shaft is under a screw off cover on the bottom of the motor.

solarman

the front seal on the motor shaft will wear rapidly if you keep the pump going when your tank is empty.
although it is easy to replace, don't run the thing "dry" too often..

Top Bottom