2001, 35 RP, Allegro Bay Pusher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the Super Synthetics have been out  I really haven't talked to any one about the Diesels  So  hate to say this but Ron might be right.    LOL

It is very unlikely that a 2001 has Transynd, original factory fill was Dexron III. If you want to change to Transynd, the 1st oil change after putting in Transynd and the Gold Filter is 12 months/25,000 miles. After the 2nd fill and filter change, Transynd is good for 4 years/150,000 miles with a filter change at 2 years/75,000 miles. Allison dealers charge about $100-$150 more for a Transynd fill than Dexron III, but that difference is made up quickly by not having to change oil again in a year.

I'll talk to the service folks and see if we have the transynd or what.  I spoke with him today and he suggested no tranny change will be necessary but he has not seen the rig.  I will know more tomorrow when he can go over the entire rig.  We are going to look at all systems and make sure we are road worthy. 
I really appreciate the info.  I have started another thread for the Beaver and I will post on that there.  Tomorrow is the big day!

Phil

Back
Top Bottom