2010 winnebago itasca reyo dash ac not working anymor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babette

Hello to all ! Sorry for being absent from this forum for awhile. Since this old-timer got an IPhone, I  haven't  used my computer  that much anymore.    Anyway.... the dash ac is not working anymore. Since it has a Mercedes engine, we contacted our local Mercedes dealer and told them about the dash ac not working. Got no help from them. Winnebago put a 2009 Mercedes engine in our 2010 motorhome and they told  us that they couldn't help us, because they have no wiring diagram for a 2009 engine. So we took the Reyo to the local Dodge/Sprinter dealer. The system had no Freon in it at all. So they put Freon in and dye and told us to run the engine daily for 10 minutes with the ac on. Obviously there is a leak in the system. Now my husband and I worry that they won't find the leak and start replacing parts etc. and running up a huge bill. I am saying that, because we experienced the same thing when we had a Winnebago Journey back in 2000. Took it in for dash ac repair 6 times and they replaced everything under the sun. Thank God it was still under warranty! We finally contacted Winnebago and since we were vacationing in Florida, they hooked us up with an ac repair shop in Orlando, FL. And they finally fixed it. Had no more problems with it.  So does anyone in this forum have any opinion on this or has any suggestions about what we can do? Thanks soo much!

Actually, they're doing what I'd expect them to do to find the leak (and it does sound like there's a leak.) I understand your skepticism after your previous experience, but I'd suggest you give them a chance before trying something different. JMO

Kev

Winnebago put a 2009 Mercedes engine in our 2010 motorhome

Ummmm... I don't think so. What happened was that Winnebago built a Reyo model body onto a 2009 chassis they had in stock. It was then sold as a 2010 motor home as they are responsible for dating the finished product, the complete motor home. Motor home builders don't buy the chassis's one at a time for each unit built. Any warranty begins when the finished product is sold to the 1st owner, even if the chassis is one year older than the model year of the motor home.

Having a 1-2 year difference between the chassis and the finished motor home is a very common practice and is used by all builders, not just Winnie.

Don't know if I have mentioned it before, but Winnebago also put a 2008 Onan diesel generator in our 2010 Reyo? Hard to believe that the law allows that!

It seldom matters. As stated before, any warranty starts only when the unit sold to the the first owner. That said, it's nice to know the model year information for obtaining parts should something have changed in the intervening years.

Well, that generator gave us big problems in 2010 the year we bought the Reyo new. Anyway, took it back to dealer (Camping World ) They couldn't fix it. They took it someplace else and they couldn't fix it either. So Camping World took it to another town to a Cumming/Onan shop and after a lot of back and forth ( we're going to fix it, and waiting on parts and on and on, they finally agreed to put a brand new generator in our Reyo. They finally did the right thing! 

Now an update on the dash AC in the Reyo. After the 2. trip to the Dodge /Sprinter shop, the AC is still not fixed. They put in more Freon and told us to drive it  to our family reunion as we had planned close to 1000 miles away, and see what happens. Hmmm.... I just hope we won't sweat to death on that trip!

What does that warning above mean? Is there something wrong with my post?

We, of course, don't see that warning. If it is a pink text saying that someone else has posted since you started yours, then it's just an indication that you may wish to look at what was posted to see if you duplicated the information, or if perhaps there's something there that makes you want to change what you posted. I've had that appear, on occasion, when I make a second post in short order after a first post -- just bad timing -- which may in fact be what you encountered.

if th.e dash a/c doesn't work to your satisfaction on your trip use your generator and roof air

beaverfever...... we should not have to run our generator to have ac while we are going down the road. We paid BIG bucks for our Winnebago Itasca Reyo and expect for everything to work, or at least be able to be fixed! We have taken our Reyo to Mercedes Benz and  they said " sorry " we don't have wiring diagram for the 2009 engine. Also took it to Dodge/ Sprinter dealer twice .They put in Freon each time but never did fine the leak. So, do you have anymore suggestions that will be helpful, as we are planning a trip out of state in the near future?

Suggest you roll down at least one window on your trip.

If you're going to sweat to death simply because you refuse to run your generator, you surely don't want someone to break out your windows just to drag out your lifeless bodies.

Quillback..... if you read my post correctly, I didn't say that we REFUSE to run our generator going down the road. I can assure you that we would open a window when the dash air is not working. The thing is...somebody should be able to fix it, don't you agree?

Alfa38User said:
Ummmm... I don't think so. What happened was that Winnebago built a Reyo model body onto a 2009 chassis they had in stock. It was then sold as a 2010 motor home as they are responsible for dating the finished product, the complete motor home. Motor home builders don't buy the chassis's one at a time for each unit built. Any warranty begins when the finished product is sold to the 1st owner, even if the chassis is one year older than the model year of the motor home.

Having a 1-2 year difference between the chassis and the finished motor home is a very common practice and is used by all builders, not just Winnie.

Yes, this happened to me also.  I was confused when everyone kept telling me my Ford E350 was a model year older than my Fleetwood title says it is.  I was beginning to wonder if I had the right title.    Then I finally realized what happened and kicked myselft for not realizing it right off the bat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom