2014 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without you to entertain us, Vall and Mo, we will be unable to have a great time?.merely a very very good one. We sincerely hope to see you here at Catalina again next year, or maybe somewhere in The Mojave even before then.

Be well and a happy holiday season to you and your family.

Randy

Just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you already at Catalina State Park a Very Merry Christmas!!!!!  See you on the 26th
Dwight and Burnetta

We arrived today to start this years rally. To make it official we had happy hour with Randy&Debbie, Fred&Daisy and Chet&Laurie. Bill had arrived at the park as had Paul&Ann but they were out at the time.

For those here, we will normally have Happy Hour at site B33 at around 3PM. We start early because once the sun starts to set it gets cold quickly.

ken

Attachments

• P1020988.JPG
    P1020988.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 45
See  you real soon.  I have turkey  in oven!  Still need to make the dressing but  gifts are opened and fire roaring! 

After Happy Hour we all went to dinner at Red Lobster. Their were 14 of us - everyone here except Chet&Laurie who had not returned from their trip to visit friends in Florence.
Service and the food were both very good.
We have 8 coaches here with 8 more arriving tomorrow.

ken

Attachments

• P1020994.JPG
    P1020994.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 37
Mike, Laurie and I are leaving Yuma tomorrow morning.  Hope to be there for happy hour.  Oh, I'm bringing Ray too!  See you all soon!

Today was the first official day of the Catalina Rally. There are 16 RVs here and everyone spent the afternoon renewing  old friendships and making new friends.

Tomorrow is the first day where we will be going in different directions to see some of the great things around Tucson.

Fitzgeralds, Chet Parks and Richard Sharp will be leaving from the Fitzgeralds RV at 9:30 to visit the Titan II Missile Museum where one of the missiles and all the support equipment have be preserved and is open to the public. Anyone else who is here with the RVForum group is welcome to join us on this trip.

I understand that some of the ladies have something planned, so maybe it will be posted soon.

Other activit?s that the group has planned may or may not be posted in this thread -- when someone decides what they might be-- so anyone can tag along.

We were fascinated by the Titan II Museum.  Amazing how far technology has come since that time!

Terry  plans to join the Missile group.

I plan to go to the movies and see American Hustle.  It starts at  12:30 pm and  my car will leave at noon.  If you would like to  join us, stand in the road and I will pick up the first 4 I see. (This is if Terry can get a ride  with those going to Missile Museum.OR  rsvp here for a reservation!

I also want to see the Meryl Streep/ Julia Roberts movie but it is not playing across the street so we'll figure that one out later! 

Terry, I'll be driving to the missile silo place.  You'll be five and can come with us too.  I've never been inside a missile silo before so this should be interesting.

ArdraF

Since my connection is working a tad better this evening, just wanted to say its been wonderful to meet all you fine people, we're having a ball!(Don't hold me to remembering everyone's name though...lol).  The Missile Silo sounds interesting although Burnetta might be more into a Movie, guess I'll have to sleep on it and judging from my waking hour this morning, the Movie might be more in line with my recent sleep pattern  ;D

Loretta and I plan to go see "The Hobbit ...  The Desolation of Smaug".  Yes, were Hobbit geeks. . .

Movie is at 10:30 AM.  If anyone wants to join us, we have room for 2-3 more in the Murano. 
We are in B-40.

We will return to park for lunch.  We have a stack of left overs we need to work through. 

Sunday, Laurie and I will be packing a lunch and going to the desert museum. We hope to see both east and west sections. We will be leaving around 10:00. We have room for 2 more in our Dakota (a little tight, but it's a short ride). Anybody want to join/follow us?

If anybody is going 4 wheeling, be sure and post it.

Betty, count Laurie in for the movie with you.

Chet

I am confused, if you are doing both the east and west sections you are doing Saguaro National Park,  not the Sonoran Desert Museum.  Both are well worth the trip, but totally different.

Sheila

Site List update:

Jeff&Sue will be on site B23, and therefore I pretty sure that Russ will be on site B34.

Sheila and I are going to the movies, American Hustle,  with Betty today at noon. Any others?

ken

I'm glad you figured out the error Chet, as the Desert Museum could easily take the better part of a day.  Lots of walking, but fascinating displays.

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom