AC Circuit Board Finally Arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After replacing my capacitors, the circuit breaker and the circuit board, I still have the intermittent problem with the Compressor #1 breaker tripping. A repair place in Portland, OR that I was going to stop at on my way home from Alaska - told me there is no direct replacement for the 6538-751 and that structural work and duct work needs to be completed to accept a new unit. Their advice was get it back to Texas and have your "local" shop deal with it. Thank goodness I put that roof A/C unit on - thanks for the info on that John : )

afchap said:
You say "this means I need to replace the whole thing..."

That is not the case. I had a compressor replaced in 2012 on my original unit. Total cost was apx 1,700.

I replaced the entire unit myself in 2016 at a cost of $2,280

That math, alone, tells me to replace the whole thing.

mickey53usa said:
After replacing my capacitors, the circuit breaker and the circuit board, I still have the intermittent problem with the Compressor #1 breaker tripping. A repair place in Portland, OR that I was going to stop at on my way home from Alaska - told me there is no direct replacement for the 6538-751 and that structural work and duct work needs to be completed to accept a new unit. Their advice was get it back to Texas and have your "local" shop deal with it. Thank goodness I put that roof A/C unit on - thanks for the info on that John : )
The compressors are still available - around $500 each. I would have the box dropped and the compressor replaced. The unit can be run with it dropped and opened up for service so they would know for sure if that's the fix. Did you measure the current #1 is drawing?

Having the adjunct roof air is a winner from several perspectives - it's a backup AC and an extra ton of cooling when it's hot  :))

Sorry for the delay in updating - After getting back home from our trip the Motor Home went to the shop. They ran the basement air for two days and it never failed. They did clean the interior and exterior coils and straightened the cooling fins that were smashed. So, we will be in Kerrville in the middle of October. We will see what happens. -

Back
Top Bottom