Any information?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colbrew

Hello everyone! We have recently acquired a 1994 Newmar dutch star 5047 with low milage. It has a Ford gas engine (don't know the size, is it safe to assume it is a 460?). Unfortunately that is about all the information we have. It is about 1500 miles away from us right now, with family members who are on a fixed income, and no longer have a need for it. We have been trying to find out as much information on this model motorhome as possible, it has proved difficult. Does anyone know of any place that has model information?

I am also wondering if main components such as Furnace, AC, Refrigerator are universal or will we need to find specific replacements?

thanks for an help.

If it's a Ford, it IS a 460.  The appliances in these RVs are pretty standard.  The refrigerator may be either a Dometic or Norcold unit. Either model is available and still serviceable.  The water heater may be either an Atwood or a Suburban.  Same logic as the refer applies.  Most furnaces are Suburban, but others may exist.

My point is, that if you find the MH does not contain manuals for all the systems and appliances, those manuals are available on-line.

Good travels and enjoy the motorhome.  Be sure to return here and ask questions about tire age and safety as well as other good info for first time owners.

There are a few things we will need to do before we bring it the 1500 miles. Im suspecting new tires is one of them. 

75-80 gal would be my guess that seems to be the standard for gas coachs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom