Campground Costs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom, it's your October 11, 2006 post in the "tent rooms in quartzsite?" thread. 

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,7652.msg67945.html#msg67945

I believe both links are dead.

Thanks Gary, both links in that old message have been updated. As I thought, they were ones I missed when I previously (Sept 2013) updated the Library software and the format of links changed.

BTW to find the files, I merely used the Search feature in the Library  ;)

Rene, there's no reason the links would work for one person and not another.

It rained here in NH all day along with a little snow flurries and winds up to 40 MPH and temperatures around 38 degrees. BRRRRRRR. Three more weeks of this S_ _T.

My wife and I went from the East Coast to the West Coast and we hit the KOA campgrounds. They cost a little more but we found they have clean bathrooms, level sights and lights. We will not stay at Walmart anymore. KOA owners work to make a nice campground so we will support them.
They also had an express KOA and it was nice. We were on the move and most time we just camped over night. We had so much fun we are going to do it again in 2016!

We look for private campgrounds and state parks with power and water hookups, sewer is a bonus. Most places are around 28-35 bucks a night which is fine with us. We stayed in one KOA at 67 a night, grossly over priced for the privilege of a parking spot, but we were tired and out of options. Didn't appreciate the preteen kamikaze pilots on skateboards at 11 pm though.. :(
Best rate was at a county campground north of Wenatchee WA, 15 GW's a night for seniors off season, squeaky clean, full hookups and a fantastic view.

Greetings all,

Good topic! I guess my expectations for campground costs, they should be lower than the cost of a motel/hotel. If they are going to be 50% to 70% of a motel stay then I feel I might as well stay in a motel and drive a fuel efficient car. I would prefer however to have my own home on wheels to drive around and stay places. I realize that there are places that have extras like swimming pools, spas, tennis, bars, and other desirable attractions and those should reflect a higher price for extra value.

Staying at a RV campground for several months at a time usually keeps the cost down to around $20 which in my opinion is fair. I just want some savings for camping rather than having to pay the equivalent of a high priced motel room when I am bringing my own room on wheels.

It irritates me when RV parks aren't even competitive with the least expensive motels.  But honestly, after RVing for the past 6 years, motel rooms could be free and I wouldn't take one.  I love my RV.  For me, it's like being home in the s/b.  Would I go to a hotel for a free nights stay when I can stay in my own room?  Do I need to answer?  However, if motels were free, I might use their parking lot.  ;)

As for MoparMom and myself we are rather picky about where we stay with the RV. Most of the time we are away from cities and out boondocking mostly. There is only one RV site we really do like we use for hitting the big city of Boise, ID. Emmett, ID has a nice county ran RV park that allows for 3 day stay for $15 a night. Really nice rarely every filled up and has what we need. The rest of the time its boondocking or maybe state park at the most. We've stayed in a few RV parks and don't like the idea we are placing our neighbor even closer than we live at home. It's over 600 feet in between our homes (stick and bricks) why go to RV park to have a RV within 20 feet?

Mopar1973Man said:
As for MoparMom and myself we are rather picky about where we stay with the RV. Most of the time we are away from cities and out boondocking mostly. There is only one RV site we really do like we use for hitting the big city of Boise, ID. Emmett, ID has a nice county ran RV park that allows for 3 day stay for $15 a night. Really nice rarely every filled up and has what we need. The rest of the time its boondocking or maybe state park at the most. We've stayed in a few RV parks and don't like the idea we are placing our neighbor even closer than we live at home. It's over 600 feet in between our homes (stick and bricks) why go to RV park to have a RV within 20 feet?
X2^^^ - we live on a major lake with COE land on 2 sides.  It is actually a strain to pack up and leave our s/b.  It's only the adventure or travel and seeing new sights that tear us away and staying anywhere other than in our little Era is just not considered.

Well Mopar's  How willing I am to park in a sardine can park depends on where and why I am there.

ONE park I stayed at (twice so far) was in Las Vegas, the sites are so close together that when extended my Main slide extended over the site marker line onto my neighbor's site.. he did not complain however because HIS main slide extended onto my site so you had to zig-zag between the RV's.

But all we did in the RV was sleep.. This was Lost Wages and soon as we got up we headed down the road to breakfast (Ok I did my internetting in the RV since I was using Hughes at the time).

My daughter complained of another park in LV (She lived in LV at the time) that it was nothing more than a parking lot... True, but I was not there for the RV park. I was there for ... other things.

Other parks.. I may be there for the park,  IN those I like space..

Where I am now.  Sites are a bit closer than I like but there is room to put the awning out (And the slides).. but again.. The RV is for Internet and sleeping... Im here for other reasons.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom