correct way to use the toilet in the MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a little feedback on the Black/grey tank indicator problem.

If you read my posts, you'll get my drift.

My sensors have been working to spec until I decided to do an extra clean-up. After having had  clean tanks for a long time... months... I decided to give them another single flush.  I simply added a cup of Detergent.. DAWN.. and proceeded to flush it all out one time (lots'o foam).

Since then the indicators showed 3/4 full on both tanks. Mind you they stayed there for several months without usage.

The only thing I could think of was to re-flush to get rid of the foam in the tanks.

Well, today I did just that: A garden hose to fill up both tanks to the limit...twice..and lo and behold both tanks showed "empty". My conclusion is that detergent/soap foam in the tanks is a no-no. The pin-type sensors are very sensitive, apparently, and need a lot of TLC.

Another thing to consider is, that after traveling, the fluid will slosh around and give a false reading after you stop driving.  Leave it sit for a while to get sort of a true reading.

This info is for folks interested in this particular problem; we all know there are different systems to measure tank capacity.  Maybe this will help a bit.....no foam.

carson FL

Carson, back on the farm all we had to do, to see how full the black tank was getting, was to turn around and look down the hole.  I still tend to use that method when I think it may be getting dangerously full.  :D

Back then, this method worked on the two holers as well as well as the singles.  I can't remember if we expected to see something different when we looked down the second hole or not. ;)

I've seen the Sears catalog, my favorite sling-shot, yesterdays head lines and you name it  down there, but never foam......  :eek:

LOL, Lou..

I guess I can't get my scientific mind out of the pit.  ;D

I always try think of a SOLUTION... I know you are a scientist, but the Sears Catalog is not very scientific.
I happen to know how it works.

We'll discuss this at the Fall meeting. I'll bring a sample of foam..

carson FL

Our tank has read 3/4 full for almost 4 years. I've given up trying to get the sensors to read correctly. And as for looking down the hole to see how full it is, our pipe bends so you can't see down into the tank, which is not always a bad thing  ;D

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom