DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah? Let's see what the water does to all of his high current connections in about 3 months.
I wondered the same, but I think all of that stuff is well sealed. I had a couple of by electric motorcycles in real big heavy rainstorms last year (mostly in Truckee, CA) and that didn't hurt anything at all. One time, I was stuck stopped on I-80 to let the river flow down the road. That was scary. Next time I see big rain clouds like that over Truckee, I will make a U-turn ASAP if on a motorcycle.

Before that, I didn't know flash floods could happen in Truckee.

Perhaps the bigger concern is stuff such as wheel bearings.

-Don- Reno, NV

@DonTom ,

Have you seen @Skookum ?

I might have missed him here?

He was down in southern California. Then they had rain and I was hoping he would report on the situation.

:waves:

I'm here. I decided while on our trip that forum and screen time wasn't going to be a thing so I haven't been checking in very often. We are home now, got in this last weekend. We enjoyed a great trip.

It rained 0.75" or more one afternoon in Indio. The RV park was fine but there was a lot of standing water on roads, intersections. We didn't venture up near Palm Springs that day where some of the bigger washes are. I'd guess that big road....forgetting the name...was probably underwater.

We met up with my folks while we were there, and they are staying until mid-Feb. I asked about the rains this last weekend after we left, and they said it was no big deal. That's not necessarily true on the other side of the mountains where LA, San Diego are. I heard they got hit pretty hard.

I'm glad you checked in with us, and glad everyone is safe and had a good time!

Did you buy another hot rod while you were down there?:)

Haha! No, not this year. We were too busy virtue-signaling in our EV ;) The car was a popular subject of discussion in the park. We were not the only ones, however. Folks down the way had an EV Volvo (C40) and another guy had a Volkswagen ID.4.

Goodness, now ya ya know I have NO IDEA what that means, but I'm sure @DonTom does!
"virtue signalling (noun)
  1. the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue:
    "it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things" · "standing on the sidelines saying how awful the situation is does nothing except massage your ego by virtue signaling"

:waves:

I'm here. I decided while on our trip that forum and screen time wasn't going to be a thing so I haven't been checking in very often. We are home now, got in this last weekend. We enjoyed a great trip.

It rained 0.75" or more one afternoon in Indio. The RV park was fine but there was a lot of standing water on roads, intersections. We didn't venture up near Palm Springs that day where some of the bigger washes are. I'd guess that big road....forgetting the name...was probably underwater.

We met up with my folks while we were there, and they are staying until mid-Feb. I asked about the rains this last weekend after we left, and they said it was no big deal. That's not necessarily true on the other side of the mountains where LA, San Diego are. I heard they got hit pretty hard.
Shoot - he's back. :sneaky:

@DonTom ,

I was looking at a Pizza blog that named this pizza place as really good. Of course, I thought of you right away.

Have you had a pizza there?

California: Pizzeria Luba, Auburn 30©pizzeriaLuba/Facebook
Nestled in the charming city of Auburn, this cozy, neighborhood spot stands out from the crowd with its sensational Neapolitan-style pies, made with a sourdough crust. It was named the 30th best restaurant in the US as part of Yelp’s 2024 Top 100 Places to Eat list, so you know it’s going to be pretty great. There’s a huge focus on locally sourced ingredients and the toppings are famously creative, ranging from the popular Honey Badger pizza (topped with pecorino, Calabrese salami, and hot honey) to specials like the Shrimp Scampi Pie (pictured), made with a garlic-infused white sauce, shrimp, chili flakes, and a hint of lemon.

I was looking for pizza with a sourdough crust when I ran across this,

Have you had a pizza there?
No, but I can try it the next time I am in Auburn, perhaps in a week or so. It's 8.2 miles from my Auburn home via road.

When I get in the mood for pizza, I normally get Pineapple Chicken Luau at Mt. Mike's in Meadow Vista, CA (just a few miles from my Auburn house):

1707424560127.png

Last edited:
Pineapple Chicken Luau
That sounds good for me. Hubby HAS to have pepperoni and salami! hahha

Well, report back if you try the pizza! How far away is that pizza joint from your Auburn house?

That sounds good for me. Hubby HAS to have pepperoni and salami! hahha

Well, report back if you try the pizza! How far away is that pizza joint from your Auburn house?
The one you asked about is 8.2 miles away from my Auburn house. Mt. Mike's is 3.3 miles away.

-Don- Reno, NV

The one you asked about is 8.2 miles away from my Auburn house.
Well, you can check out the charging stations in the perimeter:) while you are there and other stuff in the hood. You know, make a trip out of it!

As usual, we are waving at you!

Dang, I thought they might be FREE. That is always good.
There are several free charge stations in Auburn. I have tried a few of them out, but didn't really need to. Here is one of my motorcycles charging for free here. Charging it at 6,300 watts. For free in Auburn.

In the photo is the same motorcycle I take on my RV trips.

-Don- Reno, NV

Hubby wants to know if you like Reno or Auburn better?

And why?

It's a pop quiz! 😂

Hubby wants to know if you like Reno or Auburn better?

And why?
I have more ties to Reno. I know more people here than Auburn. Auburn often has better weather this time of year, but it's been raining almost nonstop there the last few weeks.

I cannot say I like either better.

I like that there is no HOA at my Auburn house unlike here in Reno.

I can view my Auburn house from here in Reno. I see the rain finally stopped:

1707428903832.png
1707429043818.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom