DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like an adventure, I had BBQ for lunch on Friday from the local Artisan BBQ place, it was a bit of a let down, probably the worst thing I have eaten there in the roughly 5 years they have been in business. Usually the food is great, this was still ok, just not nearly as good as normal. I had apple whisky pork belly burnt ends, I think they were probably a bit under cooked, they were a bit tough, the fat had not fully rendered, maybe the cooler weather (first freeze of the year was Wed night) threw off their smoking times, also I did not care for the apply whisky sauce, too much apple vinegar flavor and little hint of whisky.

Maybe this is what is being advertised?
Perhaps I should have asked them while I had lunch here today:
1699313025849.png

Cajun Fries (spiced up perfectly):
CajunFries.JPG

Large bowl of Cajun Gumbo (as served)
Gumbo.JPG

Stirred up--lots of good, tasty stuff in there.
Gumbo2.JPG
Very delicious! But here is perhaps why:

"Warning: The Sodium content of this item is higher than the total recommended limit of 2,300 mg. High Sodium Intake can increase blood pressure and risk of heart disease and stroke."

-Don- 76765

Those french fries look great.
They tased great too. With the fries it was just enough food for me.

That was a large bowl of the Gumbo, which was still quite small. But after reading their warning on sodium, it probably shouldn't be any larger.

-Don- 79765

Let's hope this Killer Bee (that I will check out tomorrow) here in Mission, TX will not fly up to Odessa and . . .

55483231_10216681782092315_2652620541298475008_n.jpg

sting this wabbit:

rabbit1-jpg.168712

-Don- Mission, TX

Were you close enough to notice this:

paceX’s second test flight of its massive Starship rocket ended early Saturday when the vehicle’s spacecraft blew up, though the launch made it further than the company’s previous attempt.

SpaceX said it lost contact with the Starship spacecraft about 15 minutes after launching from the company’s spaceport east of Brownsville, Texas around 8 a.m. ET.

How close are you to Brownsville?

paceX’s second test flight of its massive Starship rocket ended early Saturday when the vehicle’s spacecraft blew up, though the launch made it further than the company’s previous attempt.
Saw it on the SpaceX web site. The booster mad it through stage separation and initial attitude change without tumbling, then very quickly did what they called RUD, "Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" -- what a euphemism. The second stage continued for a while longer before they lost contact with it. The hot stage separation went well, and all 33 engines on the booster kept running, as well as all six on the second stage- so good progress.

I am one of the few that likes bagpipe music.
I like them too, Dan, up to a point. And I have a niece who. in her younger years, was in a bagpipe band. A number of years ago she had the group play at her wedding in the Colorado mountains. I've still got the video I took for her.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom