Door Shade 2011 Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

Hi,

The shade on my screen door (pulls up and fastens) is acting up and I need to access the roller/trough that it uses. The roller is secured by caps on each end that appear to be fastened on with either rivets or screws with metal caps over them, or??

Has anyone figured out how to remove the caps?

Thanks,

Ernie

Mine got difficult to retract and Winnebago solution was to replace the entire shade assembly. Thank goodness it was still under warranty, doubt it is intended to be repaired, which doesn't mean you cannot, but might be a bit unorthodox.

Good Luck,

David

We've got it working for the time being but I'm still nervous about how to service it. Surely someone here has had problems with this poorly designed shade (it is even flared so stuff can fall in more easily).

Ernie

ah, sorry to hear about your troubles, but thank you for a very timely thread...
I was just considering buying one of these shades from MCD.  Called them today in fact, for more info.  Expensive little buggers.  $90 + $13 shipping

I didn't really think about stuff falling in.

Maybe I'll go with my original idea to mount a standard window shade over the door, that I can pull down for privacy.

This is actually not an MCD shade, but a standard opaque black shade (may well be produced by MCD as all of the other shades are).

Ernie

In our adventurer, I removed the shade by taking the plastic caps off one end. I sprayed a little WD40 on it and rewound the spring.  It worked like new.

Will check my screen door this week.  My too pulls from bottom.  Let you know what I see.

Back
Top Bottom