FM radio antenna on Class C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve C

We have a Class C. Camper body on van chassis. The FM radio antenna is mounted on top of the right fender, way under the camper overhang. FM reception is terrible and short range. What can be done? New unit so I hesitate running wires and mounting another antenna, but. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Steve
  Maybe a solution you don't want to hear,but what I did was got Sirrus (bottom of the line)radio and it transmits to the radio on preset frequency's.I pay 8 bucks a month for 50 channels and my reception is better then switching and searching for another station as I move thru areas.Sat antenna mounted on top of RV,cord down thru front roof vent.Only paid 39 for the radio,so a fairly inexpensive fix,and the al la carte plan is month to month so no long term commitment.If you go this way,make sure you get Sirrus,the other company doesn't support the al la carte plan.Hope this helped.  Bill

i recently purchased an inside the windshield mount amplified am-fm antenna for my moho. i haven't installed it yet. i plan on installing it upper left inside my windshield. the cable is 104'' long. i suppose you could mount it on body work outside or inside.
it is a metra-antennaworks part number HDR-44UA20 antenna. it is designed for show cars. my bil has one on his el-camino that works well.
i paid about $30 for mine at a local car stereo shop.

Ah-ha. Sirrus! Your reply jogged my memory (which apparently is not very long term :-[). The MH came with a Jensen, Sirrus Ready radio and a pamphlet saying six months free Sirrus. Called a tech friend at the dealership. I need to buy a Sirrus device of some sort to install on the radio and I'll have Sirrus free for six months. Then I'll go to the monthly plan.

Thank you Bill. Thank you. Thank you.

Oldies radio, here I come.  ;D 

Steve
After the 6 months ,check out the al la carte plan.And again no changing stations as you travel.Works great for me.
                Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom