Great job Reba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Reba McEntire, thanks for a good rendition of the National Anthem at the Superbowl. I was amazed at your control of your voice, especially on those high notes, something i have a tough time with.

The folks who chose our national anthem did no favors for singers! I have to Remeber to start much lower than I normally sing in order to have a full sound on those upper notes, and I am a soprano!

Us mere mortals drop an octave on the rockets red glaring part. We also sound great in a crowd of 80,000 or so...

Don't partake in the SB but glad there was no controversy on the anthem...

I had to change channels when the singer before her came on. He gave me the Willies.
Same with the main half time show. I shut them off also. Kept going back and forth until it was over. They call that entertainment.

Last edited:
I had to change channels when the singer before her came on. He gave me the Wiley’s.
Same with the main half time show. I shut them off also. Kept going back and forth until it was over. They call that entertainment.
I am not a fan of that style of music but I can see how people that are find that to be great entertainment. I lean towards older rock and new country. I am sure if Russell Dickerson or Jason Aldean did the halftime show some people would say the same thing you did and I would love it.

There have been several attempts to replace it with America The Beautiful but tradition is strong.
Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA has been mentioned numerous times. This one is much easier for me to sing either a cappella or while playing guitar.

No thanks on that, keep the gobbless out of National Anthems. It's bad enough we have to put our national currency in the trust of a fairytale.

Reba dit hit it out of the park yesterday. Err, I mean it was a hit. A touchdown? Either way, she did great.

Last edited:
This 8 year old does a credible job of singing Ireland's Call, the Irish national anthem before a Guiness 6-nations rugby international game at the Aviva stadium:

There have been several attempts to replace it with America The Beautiful but tradition is strong.
America the beautiful is a show tune written by Irving Berlin. I cringe every time they play it and people who don’t know any better stand at attention, place a hand over their heart or worse, salute, it’s not the National Anthem. Woody Guthrie wrote “This Land Is Your Land” as the poor and working man’s counter anthem to “America The Beautiful”.

I was curious and watched it, but wasn't a big fan. Looked like Usher was trying to emulate Michael Jackson with his dance moves.
I thought most of it was really awful and sound quality poor. The game wasn't much better and I went to bed before the best bit.

Back
Top Bottom