Help! What have we gotten overselves into??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Falconluvr58

Okay, so we found a used trailer that was the right price. It is a 1975 Vega Wild Wind. It is 8' x 36'. It has 2 tip outs, a full size slider entry with a rear door exit. When we first purchased it we knew that the seals around the tip outs would need to be replaced. As well as updating the bathroom and plumbing.

But here's the thing. We can't find any information on this trailer!! And we need to move it off the property where it's at and need to know about the braking system and what kind of vehicle will tow it safely.

Can anyone help us? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Falconluvr58 said:
But here's the thing. We can't find any information on this trailer!! And we need to move it off the property where it's at and need to know about the braking system and what kind of vehicle will tow it safely.

Can anyone help us? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Almost all RV braking systems are 12 volt electric and there is plenty of easy reading out there in the wild web for your reading pleasure and if you can't figure it out, please pay for a good RV tech to come out and educate you and set up your vehicle for towing and make sure your RV braking system is up to snuff so you can safely tow.

Somewhere in your trailer should my a placard  with the trailers weight info and you need to make sure your vehicle can safely tow the weight of the trailer.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

if it has been sitting for a long time, I'd put new tires on it, first thing

I wouldn't attempt to tow it anywhere until all of the mechanical system are checked.

if you've got to move it pronto, get it towed by a pro who'is insured

then you can do the work at your own pace and place

at the very least it'll probably need tyres, brakes, lighting, battery to be safe on the road

Thanks for this info! We did finally did find the value as well. It's nice to know what the value might be once we finish the renovations. We purchased this for far below the list price  ;)

And we are currently in the process of trying to find tires for it. They are 15" but with a different mount. So far we didn't see any of the wiring for the brakes on our last visit to the site. When we asked about it the guy said he didn't use any when he moved in the fall!!! Amazing! His dad said we would have to rely on the towing vehicle to stop it! This thing weighs 6000lbs!

We also got wiring kit for lights.

So we are thinking about having a professional mover do the job. We are in MN so we should have plenty of choices, I hope! Any advice about this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom