how hard it is to back in covered park 12 feet wide when the RV is 8 feet wide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lights may help on a cloudy day, but when there is bright sunshine outside it will still look mostly like a dark cave.

I never did master backing a 4-wheeled wagon
Ah, backing up a loaded 4-wheel hay wagon across a narrow bridgeway into the upper floor of a dairy barn all the way to the back without stopping or slowing down once, that's an art that not many, my father excepted, can mastered.

I’m a self certified professional trailer backer. Learned on the farm I guess. I can squeeze my TT or car hauler with VERY minimal room.
Now I’m getting better with the fiver, but it’s a learning process.

To the OP, obviously you want a spotter, but 2 feet to spare on both sides……….if you can’t get that, sell it before you wreck it. LOL

I’m a self certified professional trailer backer. Learned on the farm I guess. I can squeeze my TT or car hauler with VERY minimal room.
Now I’m getting better with the fiver, but it’s a learning process.

To the OP, obviously you want a spotter, but 2 feet to spare on both sides……….if you can’t get that, sell it before you wreck it. LOL

Thank you everyone after some hard consideration. I decided to just tow the travel trailer back to Massachusetts , from New Orleans. I have to drive long south again for the next winter season. Maybe by then I already practice enough to store my travel trailer in the covered storage.

Thank you everyone after some hard consideration. I decided to just tow the travel trailer back to Massachusetts , from New Orleans. I have to drive long south again for the next winter season. Maybe by then I already practice enough to store my travel trailer in the covered storage.
Well, it will be easy, once you get the hang of it.

I hear that one, it reminds me of our first RV trip with my wife handling spotting duties as I backed into an RV site. I am backing, she says keep coming back, I get nervous, ask if she is sure, she says something about don't ask me to get out and look if you are not going to follow my directions, this was quickly followed by a crunch as the leveling jacks hit the the timber back stop of the site, thankfully nothing was damaged.

Back
Top Bottom