I almost got nailed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FYI, I almost never click on links on this forum either. Has nothing to do with who posted it, I just seldom have the interest in following a thread that far. Usually, I look at a half dozen posts in categories I may be interested in, then just mark the entire forum as "Read".

Yes there are thousands of people who frequent this forum. Most of them didn't click on the link either. I wonder if he is harassing all them also.

That was a two popcorn bag chitshow. 😳
So was the same thing when he tried to convince me Antarctica was a desert. I don't consider it to be a desert and no one can convince me my opinion was wrong. If Antarctica is a desert why isn't the North Pole a desert. Some people also consider parts of the Pacific Ocean as a desert. I find it stupid to even debate because I don't care about anyone else's opinion.

So was the same thing when he tried to convince me Antarctica was a desert. I don't consider it to be a desert and no one can convince me my opinion was wrong. If Antarctica is a desert why isn't the North Pole a desert. Some people also consider parts of the Pacific Ocean as a desert. I find it stupid to even debate because I don't care about anyone else's opinion.
It is a fact that Antarctica is a desert. I believe it’s the largest desert on earth.

It is a fact that Antarctica is a desert. I believe it’s the largest desert on earth.
It is not a fact, it is an opinion. You can easily find some place on the Internet to agree with any opinion you want. I can find people on the Internet who will argue all day long that the earth is flat, we didn't go to the moon and vaccinations will kill you.

If Antarctica is a desert why isn't the North Pole a desert.
Since I am on ignore, anybody care to explain to @SeilerBird that the North Pole is also desert? Again, not my opinion, but scientific fact.

"Arctic Polar Desert
It is found around the North Pole, and is described as occupying the northernmost part of the Earth. Several countries have a stretch of this desert as part of their landscape. These are Canada, The United States of America (Alaska region), Denmark (Greenland region), Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Russia, and Norway."

Info. from here.
What and Where Are the Polar Deserts?

-Don- Reno, NV (in the Great Basin Desert)

Sayre's Law: "In any dispute, the level of intensity of feelings is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake"

Last edited:
Speaking of opinions, suddenly Pluto was downgraded to a dwarf planet. Pluto did not change, just some people here on earth decided it was not a planet. That is the opinion of a bunch of scientists. In my opinion I think it is still a planet, I don't care to argue about it. Scientists are always changing their opinion.

Speaking of opinions, suddenly Pluto was downgraded to a dwarf planet. Pluto did not change, just some people here on earth decided it was not a planet. That is the opinion of a bunch of scientists. In my opinion I think it is still a planet, I don't care to argue about it. Scientists are always changing their opinion.
I read somewhere that they trying to redefine a planet and let Pluto back into the family.

Heuristics are mental shortcuts that enable humans to solve complex problems. Unfortunately sometimes shortcuts on moonless nights end up in long falls from tall cliffs.

Science is in continuous flux.
Not science, but scientists make mistakes. They are still human.

But there is an accepted "scientific method".

But get humans involved in anything and mistakes will be made. IAC, scientific fact, right or wrong, is NOT opinion.

Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement by experiments or other means. That is not "opinion".

-Don- Reno, NV

Not science, but scientists make mistakes. They are still human.

But there is an accepted "scientific method".

But get humans involved in anything and mistakes will be made. IAC, scientific fact, right or wrong, is NOT opinion.

Scientific facts are verified by repeatable careful observation or measurement by experiments or other means. That is not "opinion".

-Don- Reno, NV
Science is hard, that's why we now have post-modernity (modernity being "The Age of Reason"), regardless the fasifiable proof there will always be a "confederacy of dunces" aligned with a popular opinion to the contrary. In post-modernity the more likes it has, or the more followers they have, the more true, whatever crackpot sh**, it or they said, must be. Faith trumps reason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom