I got my hands dirty, and I can't stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bedroom door, both say before.  Did you eliminate the blinds and drape, or add them
?

Oops, the drape was added. It is a blackout drape and the other drape is hanging on the backside of that door in the bedroom.

Looking to replace all the pleated shades, last year at IKEA we found some we liked but didn't have measurements with us.

I ripped out the valences/day-night shades (4) in the living room slide out, and the one next to the entry door. There was no way I could have recovered them, they were like stacked on, plus the shades were pretty grimy and gross.
My plan is to pick up some blackout drapes (like the ones on the bedroom door) and cut and sew them to size to fit those 5 windows. Pockets both top and bottom with those thin, small, round curtain rods. Anchor both top and bottom, window completely covered at night, but can be opened wide during the day and while traveling for lighting and the views.

I think I might rip the valance down that is above the sink, only because I ordered an under-cupboard wine glass rack...and realized I probably don't have enough space to mount it..haha

Another upgrade coming up is the pull around drape for the front window.

Don't remind me...uhhgg... I have the same pull around drapes and frankly, I am afraid to fully open them. Pretty sure it will be a surprise, and not in the nice way  ;) I think I have some water stains (and some other unmentionable stains) that I just don't want to tackle just yet.

Do they come off fairly easy? Are they washable? I'm scared..hahaha

oldme said:
Customizing your RV or any vehicle is addictive.
Great job.

Thank you  ;)

Ah yes, every vehicle we have driven off the lot looks totally different within two weeks of purchase.. haha

Ours were stacked too, but the front valences were fine, the bedroom had the floral, they popped apart easily and did the same trick with wrap, then re-stapled from behind.  Our headboard we used a naughahyde, (those poor naughas), and it had a gathered upholstered rope on the edges, which eased the transition, filling gap, it was easy to recover.

Our next project is to find replacement covers for our Flexsteel chairs and sofa.  Sofa, probably need to have done, iit is comfortable and a jack-knife, so we will keep it.

PancakeBill said:
Ours were stacked too, but the front valences were fine, the bedroom had the floral, they popped apart easily and did the same trick with wrap, then re-stapled from behind.  Our headboard we used a naughahyde, (those poor naughas), and it had a gathered upholstered rope on the edges, which eased the transition, filling gap, it was easy to recover.

Our next project is to find replacement covers for our Flexsteel chairs and sofa.  Sofa, probably need to have done, it is comfortable and a jack-knife, so we will keep it.

I found some covers for the captains chairs, they will be here Monday...I hope they fit. The set for under $100 at Camping World. I had no dinette so to speak so when we ordered that the Hubs decided to get the matching hide-a-bed sofa.

I bought the material to make the curtains today, hauled out my 14 y/o son's sewing machine he asked for for Christmas. I do not know how to operate that thing. Can't get that bobbin thingy to thread up with the top thread. Going to put out a Facebook S.O.S tomorrow and hopefully some of my friends with sewing knowledge with swing by and fix it for me. I think I will feel a lot better once the curtains are done and I have that old couch tore down and out of there  ;)

Well.....

Jeep is all wired up and ready.

The new camera's work great, Satellite is dialed in and working.

The new GPS arrived (got the one someone mentioned which allows you to put in avoidances and RV weight and height. Thanks for the tip).
Programmed a few trips we know we are going to take. Got the tablets loaded with Fav sights and loaded with the apps (Flying J's and the like)

I started to take the old couch out, to finish painting before the new furniture arrives...had to put it back together, new furniture won't be here until May and we want to use it before then :(

I finished the curtains, a seamstress is in no way, shape or form in my future...hahaha  They are not hideous, but if you look close, you can tell a 5 y/o sewed them  ;) They work for us and definitely changes the whole atmosphere of coach, so we're pleased.

Realized we never checked the furnace, the Hubs turned it all on last night and the only issue (other than the hideous odor of the vents not being used in, oh I'd say, FOREVER) we have one burner on the stove that won't light using the igniter.

Thanks again for this sight!!! It is making our 'firsts' SO much easier to work through  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northwood
Back
Top Bottom