I switched to VISIBLE for Phone Service!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuzanneH

I have been frustrated for some time about the cost of phone service as a full timer.  For us, our phones were our one reliable source for internet in addition to phone and text needs.  Recently, I came across another post on one of the forums regarding Visible.com as an alternative to other higher priced services; after looking into it, we made the switch and are so very happy...I have to spread the word!  I am NOT a spammer, nor do I have any interest in the company.

We were using Verizon; coverage was excellent but our bill was $165.00 per month for the two of use.  When I looked into Visible, the cost per line was $40 dollars a month!  Even better, they uncapped speeds and promise no throttling of data EVEN FOR THE HOTSPOT.  I am consistently getting 8-18 Mbps download speed from Visible.  Even better, Visible uses VERIZON towers, so coverage is excellent as well.

I have a discount code provided by Visible - if interested, contact me directly for details.

This has been a dream come true for us.  I cannot praise them enough! Do your own research, as we did, and enjoy the extra money in your pocket, too.

My wife's primary phone has similar service through Boost Mobile, which has been owned by Sprint (and now uses their towers) for several years. Such prepaid services from companies other than the "Big 4" companies are growing in availability and popularity. My personal phone is a Tracfone, and I pay around $100/year to keep the service active... so about $8/month. My teenage son's phone is the same. I rarely use the minutes/texts/data that comes with that 1-year card, but even if I do it's easy and cheap to buy/add additional time.

SuzanneH said:
Do your own research, as we did, and enjoy the extra money in your pocket, too.

Indeed! There is rarely any reason to be locked into a contract and paying upwards of $100/month anymore.

Folks, before clicking the 'Report To Moderator' button to report this as 'spam', please do a little research. There are numerous explanations and reviews of this Verizon-owned service online, including this very recent review. After reading some of these reviews, you can draw your own conclusions. (I have no affiliation with the company, service or the reviewers).

FWIW there are reports that the early adopter/referral code may no longer be required.

I tried to sign up with Visible and had a hiccup on the phone order that required me to "talk" with an online chat representative to straighten out.  Long story short, after a 45 minute wait in the queue, chat was less than responsive, taking 5-10 minutes to respond to each exchange because he was also helping other customers. 

After two hours in Chat I gave up and asked him to cancel my order, which took another half an hour between the time I entered my request and when I had the cancellation number in hand.

I never received an email confirmation of the cancellation, and two weeks later, I'm still waiting for a refund of the $40 they billed my credit card before I actually ordered a phone.

Visible relies on online support, there's no option to talk one on one with another human being.  Be prepared for long waits if you ever need customer service

Lou Schneider said:
Visible relies on online support, there's no option to talk one on one with another human being.  Be prepared for long waits if you ever need customer service

Tracfone is the same way, and I've read of some folks having difficulties over the phone (which can be compounded sometimes when the phone reps are not native English speakers)... but I've always been lucky enough to get successful activations through their website/phone/app and never had a need to contact anyone.

Lou, I had that concern in the back of my mind when I read that all contact was online, and their line "Less humans ...".

Well, I am perfectly happy with my Google Fi and Pixel
That, and my NetGear WiFi Extender.

But always looking for better deals.
Relayed this info to our kids in case they are looking to change.

Thank you, Tom.  I am NOT a spammer, just trying to share an excellent deal to the folks on this forum.  It is possible to sign up without the referral code...however, you will get the $20 off the first bill if you use the code.

The difference in this service from others is the truly unlimited data at unthrottled speeds.  For those who use a lot of data, this is a significant difference between Visible and other services.

There are plenty of reviews of the service out there and I encourage you to look into it yourself before making a decision to switch.

Thanks Suzanne, both for your original message and for the additional info.

SuzanneH said:
Thank you, Tom.  I am NOT a spammer, just trying to share an excellent deal to the folks on this forum.  It is possible to sign up without the referral code...however, you will get the $20 off the first bill if you use the code.

The difference in this service from others is the truly unlimited data at unthrottled speeds.  For those who use a lot of data, this is a significant difference between Visible and other services.

There are plenty of reviews of the service out there and I encourage you to look into it yourself before making a decision to switch.

You get 20 bucks off directly on the site no need for a code

My real big issue is that we reside ON the Canadian Boarder and frequently get connections to Canadian towers.  Our Verizon Unlimited plan @ $ 45/mo.  includes text, voice and data.  Wonder what Visible does there?

phil-t said:
My real big issue is that we reside ON the Canadian Boarder and frequently get connections to Canadian towers.  Our Verizon Unlimited plan @ $ 45/mo.  includes text, voice and data.  Wonder what Visible does there?

According to Visible's coverage map, they cover the US only, including Hawaii and parts of Alaska.  Verizon doesn't have Canadian towers, they partner with a Canadian company to let their customers roam using their towers, and presumably vice-versa for Canadian customers in tne US. 

Visible isn't a part of this agreement, so your phone will indicate it is Roaming when it connects to a Canadian tower and won't work until it reconnects to a US tower.

That's what I just learned.  Need to roam, need the phone to work.  ATT, when I was with them, had a special account for folks on the border.  I like my Verizon service.

I've been using Visible for almost two months and it's been working great. I did have an initial problem with internet access which was my fault. Customer support is some of the worst. You can not contact them by phone. The only option is via text or internet chat. They currently have a great deal on a ZTE android R2 which is selling for $19 or free if you swap an old android phone. Previously it was $99. If you have a compatible phone, you can use that. The hotspot on the R2 only allows one device to connect at a time. I use a cheap GL-AR150 travel router which allows me to connect multiple WiFi devices.

Visible recently lifted the 5Mb/s speed cap but supposedly the hotspot is still capped. I am getting uncapped speeds through the hotspot. People are stating that the uncapped hotspot is only temporary.

NY_Dutch said:
Has anyone tried using the VISIBLE SIM in a "real" hotspot like the 6620L, etc?
I have a 6620 and the Visible SIM worked for me. All I had to do is change the APN to VSBLINTERNET

Tom_M said:
I have a 6620 and the Visible SIM worked for me. All I had to do is change the APN to VSBLINTERNET

Ahh! That's great to see, Tom. VISIBLE looks like it could be a reasonable replacement for Verizon's no longer offered $65 prepaid unlimited hotspot plan.

Back
Top Bottom