Is anyone living on land in Alabama?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a blast from the past. As a kid I grew up in Australia for 10 years. We lived in a place called Pit****er and there were no services except electricity.

We had an outhouse with this machine in it. It was the boy's job to empty it and haul the waste into the bush.

Ahh, childhood memories - LOL...

we Used to go to a restaurant in downtown Shreveport. LA in the mid to late 70’s to eat $.10 oysters and drink $1.00 pitchers of beer. The toilet was a hole in the floor with a wood seat with hole cut in it. In Japan in the late 80’s, early 90’s some toilets were holes cut in the floor you would simply squat over. I’m sure the outdoorsmen here will tell you when the poop urge hits it’s great to find a log to squat over (helps to keep from pooping on the back of your boots).

we Used to go to a restaurant in downtown Shreveport. LA in the mid to late 70’s to eat $.10 oysters and drink $1.00 pitchers of beer. The toilet was a hole in the floor with a wood seat with hole cut in it. In Japan in the late 80’s, early 90’s some toilets were holes cut in the floor you would simply squat over. I’m sure the outdoorsmen here will tell you when the poop urge hits it’s great to find a log to squat over (helps to keep from pooping on the back of your boots).
Yep, and in Japan the facilities were co-ed. I realized that the first time I was standing there doing my business, and a woman came in, upped her skirt and dropped her chonies, squatted over the hole and took care of business, then left.

Yep, and in Japan the facilities were co-ed. I realized that the first time I was standing there doing my business, and a woman came in, upped her skirt and dropped her chonies, squatted over the hole and took care of business, then left.
We used to go to the hot baths. Some were coed and some were family. We were camping once and there was an outdoor hot bath nearby. I took our son and daughter. We wore bathing suits. After a while a Japanese family showed up with a couple of teenagers. They stripped down naked and waded in. of course our teen son couldn’t keep his eyes off their naked teen daughter s we had to leave

Animals have been pooping and peeing on the planet for a very long time
the earth has built in processes to render waste harmless and good for plants
Composting worms are part of that. Composting worms can completely transform waste in a short time. Plants love worm castings.

Composting worms are part of that. Composting worms can completely transform waste in a short time. Plants love worm castings.
Very true, but county health departments have been given authority to override God's original intent. And no one wants to return to the days of medieval Europe with raw sewage flowing in the streets.

The majority of animals eat plants, berries and fruit and their poop is relatively small. Yeah, there are cows, horses, donkeys, etc but their poop made up of grasses and grains. Cow Pattie’s are actually used to cook with in some societies. Look what humans put in our bodies. We are a nasty bunch. So it stands to reason our poop would be quite toxic.

The majority of animals eat plants, berries and fruit and their poop is relatively small. Yeah, there are cows, horses, donkeys, etc but their poop made up of grasses and grains. Cow Pattie’s are actually used to cook with in some societies. Look what humans put in our bodies. We are a nasty bunch. So it stands to reason our poop would be quite toxic.
Composting worms can still process this from what I have seen

Very true, but county health departments have been given authority to override God's original intent. And no one wants to return to the days of medieval Europe with raw sewage flowing in the streets.
A properly managed vermiculture bin or area can eliminate raw sewage problems. I have seen it. A person would need to manage it of course.

X wildlife 1000s of acres.

Family of 5 on 1/3 acre. I agree that in the woods it can hardly matter but humans are concentrated.

Anyone wanna see the plague come back - LOL...

John, you're shoveling **** against the tide, here. To be specific.
Likely true with this group and in general with regulatory agencies. But it works so far on the scale I practice it. I encourage you to do your own research on vernmiculture and vernmenting if you are so inclined. My original post was about land in Alabama. So I will restrict my responses to those comments so as not to get to far off topic

X wildlife 1000s of acres.

Family of 5 on 1/3 acre. I agree that in the woods it can hardly matter but humans are concentrated.

Anyone wanna see the plague come back - LOL...
vermiculture processes waste turning it into usable material for plants. Waste is not dumped on the street or deposited in concentrated area in which disease can spread. If you are so inclined do your own research on verrmiculture and vernmenting. That is the extent to which I will address the subject here and we are already off topic

Here’s something of interest since we have a composting toilet in our cabin:
Using Red Worms (or other composting worm species) to process wastes in a composting toilet is a great idea, and something a surprising number of people have done successfully. You definitely don’t need to provide them with food waste though – believe it or not, human waste is probably closer to the “ideal” food for these wigglers. That said, there’s no reason you couldn’t still toss the food scraps in the same system!”

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom