Isolator Relay cycles by itself 2000 Hurricane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duggie1126

Under the hood behind the Battery Control Center is the Isolator Relay.  It is cycling by itself when motorhome is shut off.  Thought I had it fixed but have not.  But when I walked outside I could hear it cycling again. 

duggie1126 said:
Under the hood behind the Battery Control Center is the Isolator Relay.  It is cycling by itself when motorhome is shut off.  Thought I had it fixed but have not.  But when I walked outside I could hear it cycling again. 

Your Isolator Relay is probably working as designed.  From my BCC manual "The charging circuit, (which utilizes an isolator solenoid to connect the two batteries together for charging) will charge both batteries if either battery is being charged.  It operates by sensing the voltage on the Main and Auxiliary batteries.  If either voltage goes above 13.3 volts (the minimum necessary to fully charge a battery) for more than 14 seconds, the isolator solenoid will pull in, charging both batteries.  If , while the ignition is on, the voltage falls below 12 volts for more than 4 seconds, the isolator relay will open, keeping all of the alternator's output available for the chassis functions.  If the ignition is off and the auxiliary battery voltage should drop below 12.8 volts (voltage of a fully charged battery) for 4 seconds, the isolator relay will open, preventing the coach loads from discharging the main battery."

Your converter may be alternating between normal (13.6V) and storage (13.2) modes of operation, the converter may be going south, or it is possible that the chassis or coach batteries may be deficient or some combination of the above.  JM2?...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northwood
Back
Top Bottom