MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, MAY 11-17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John & Susan:
  So glad you could join us, but it was way too short.  We hope to cross paths with you again in the near future.  We enjoyed your company and hope you feel the same.  Happy travels!

Steve & Dee

Steve N Dee said:
John & Susan:
  So glad you could join us, but it was way too short.  We hope to cross paths with you again in the near future.  We enjoyed your company and hope you feel the same.  Happy travels!
Steve & Dee

Steve,
All I can say is that I believe I made a friend, thanks for a great day!

For all the attendees at the 2014 Moab Rally, here is our group shot from the Poison Spider.
Mike did a great job as Trail Boss and he picked an absolutely incredible spot for lunch. . .

Attachments

• Poison Spider.jpg
    Poison Spider.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 49
  A few pics of our trip to Poison Spider yesterday and on to Hell's Revenge today.

Attachments

• Poison Spyder 2014 049.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 049.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Poison Spyder 2014 056.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 056.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Poison Spyder 2014 057.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 057.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Poison Spyder 2014 065.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 065.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Poison Spyder 2014 071.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 071.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Poison Spyder 2014 139.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 139.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Poison Spyder 2014 137.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 137.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Poison Spyder 2014 143.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 143.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Poison Spyder 2014 120.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 120.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Poison Spyder 2014 064.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 064.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Poison Spyder 2014 061.JPG
    Poison Spyder 2014 061.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 32
Oscar Mike said:
Thanks to the entire group for a great time, and thank you for your hospitality, Susan and I felt that we were amongst friends. God willing we'll be seeing you all down the road.

John, we were glad you and Susan made it to the rally and hope you enjoyed yourselves.  We look forward to meeting up with you again in the future.

Safe travels.

Mike.

Oscar Mike said:
Thanks to the entire group for a great time, and thank you for your hospitality, Susan and I felt that we were amongst friends. God willing we'll be seeing you all down the road.

We enjoyed our brief time together.  Next time, stay a little longer.  Congrats on the expected Grandchild,
they are truly a blessing.  We look forward to our next meeting 'down the road'. 

Larry & Loretta

John and Susan, It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to meet up again in the future. Travel safe and take care of that Grandchild.

Henry,
Thank you for the wonderful photos of Poison Spider.  You captured  the essence of an outstanding day.  My favorite is the line of our Jeeps with the beautiful mountains in the background.  Well done!

Betty Brewer said:
Henry,
Thank you for the wonderful photos of Poison Spider.  You captured  the essence of an outstanding day.  My favorite is the line of our Jeeps with the beautiful mountains in the background.  Well done!
Henry,

I agree with Betty!  BTW Betty there is one pic that shows that I wasn't the only one with a wheel off the ground.

Awww Man!!! You guys are using up ALL the fun!!! Now I'm really bummed that I could not make it. Save some fun for me for next year!!! I'm gonna shoot for being at Q also.

MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, ATTENDEES BY NAME - FINAL

Beard, John & Susan (aka Oscar Mike), site 33
Bertram, Christi & Kim (aka SkyKing4AR2), site M-16
Brewer, Betty & Terry, site 4
Broili, Karen & Mike (aka RainCatcher), site 21
Dodd, Loretta & Larry (aka THE-BigLarry), site 25
Falchini, Dee & Steve (aka Steve N Dee), site M-34
FitzGerald, Ardra & Jerry, site 24
Haxton, Daniel & Janet Avent, site 32
Kuch, Sheila & Ken, site 5
Nesbitt, Mary Ann (aka Pelicanlady) & Don (aka Gmsboss1), site M-14
Parks, Laurie & Chet (aka Chet18013) & Chet's cousin Karen, site 3
Pennings, Mimi & Chris, site 6
Roscoe, Corinne & Bill (aka Photog), site 31
Stiskala, Olga & Jan & Monkey, site 11
Stock, Linda & Dean
White, Tara & Ernie, site M-32
Wishard, Margaret & Henry, R-49
Zuech, Chrystal & Mike (aka ZMotorsports) & Jared, site R-50

Moab 2014 RV Forum Rally, Attendees by Site - FINAL

Site 3 - Parks, Laurie & Chet (aka Chet18013) & Chet's cousin Karen
Site 4 - Brewer, Betty & Terry
Site 5 - Kuch, Sheila & Ken
Site 6 ? Pennings, Mimi & Chris
Site 11 - Stiskala, Olga & Jan & Monkey, site 11
Site 21 - Broili, Karen & Mike (aka RainCatcher)
Site 24 - FitzGerald, Ardra & Jerry
Site 25 - Dodd, Loretta & Larry (aka THE-BigLarry)
Site 31 - Roscoe, Corinne & Bill (aka Photog)
Site 32 - Haxton, Daniel & Janet Avent
Site 33 - Beard, Susan & John (aka Oscar Mike)

Site M-14 - Nesbitt, Mary Ann (aka Pelicanlady) & Don (aka Gmsboss1)
Site M-16 ? Bertram, Christi & Kim (aka SkyKing4AR2)
Site M-32 ? White, Tara & Ernie
Site M-34 - Falchini, Dee & Steve (aka Steve N Dee)

Site R-49 - Wishard, Margaret & Henry
Site R-50 ? Zuech, Chrystal & Mike (aka ZMotorsports) & Jared

No assigned site:
Stock, Linda & Dean

Sites with two-story ?casitas? are  M-16, M-20, M-21, M-24 (southeast side).
Sites with one-story ?casitas? are R-49 (southwest side).

Some Pics of today's Hell's Revenge Run...

Attachments

• Hells Revenge 2014-025.JPG
    Hells Revenge 2014-025.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Hells Revenge 2014-026.JPG
    Hells Revenge 2014-026.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Hells Revenge 2014-011.JPG
    Hells Revenge 2014-011.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Hells Revenge 2014-021.JPG
    Hells Revenge 2014-021.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Hells Revenge 2014-003.JPG
    Hells Revenge 2014-003.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 42
Thursday Announcements:
Kim and Christi left today as she got  word her  92 year old father has serious health issues so they are off to Albuquerque so she can fly to Mississippi. She leaves Kim  in Alb with Framily. We never know and we are grateful for the support we receive from RVForum Framily. 

Chet also reported that "Sam"  aka Donna Ruward misses the Moab rally a great deal and Ron is the same having had  a stroke  5 years ago. 

Daily activity reports included shopping, hiking, jeeping, more hiking , off roading with water up to the windows (just ask Karen, Chet's cousin) Some of us had a day off and did nothing.

THE AWARDS

Happy Face was presented by Bill to Chris Penning who rode with Terry today. Bill  said he only hopes he can be doing what Chris is doing at his age. We all cheered for the old guy!

Care Bear was presented by Olga to Henry.  Seems they saw a couple walking their dog out on the trail today.  The dog was panting and Henry offered his water to the dog despite the  objection of the couple. Jan was in on this as well.  Forgot to mention  Jan did not attend all of the gathering tonight as he is feeling the effects of " American food."

Goofy was presented to Don N by Jerry.  Seems Don lost his camera today while hiking the  rock scramble area of Fiery  Furnace,  Upon checking with the visitor center his camera had been turned in.  Sorta restores your faith in humanity.  Don looked very humble in accepting his award.

Attachments

• IMG_9681.JPG
    IMG_9681.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9678.JPG
    IMG_9678.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9675.JPG
    IMG_9675.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 33
Uh oh!  I see in one of Henry's hands a Care Bear and in the other a glass.  Does that mean he's going to get Care Bare drunk like he was doing with Goofy?

ArdraF

It was with great regret and a heavy heart that we had to leave in a huge hurry yesterday to get Christi home to be with her sisters and dad in his last days. If there was ever the definitive Southern gentleman, it would be her dad and his long life has been enjoyed by many. He raised three very spirited, independent, and unique daughters and this will be e tough time for us all to say goodbye.

Before she will board a plane out, though, Christi will insure that my interesting medical issues with my coughing are rescolved so we are off to a clinic in ABQ.

We both have thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay in Moab and so appreciate all the offers of assistance and people going out of their way to help us in some painful circumstances.

The value of Framily and all that suggests is truly a gift that is priceless. We will cross paths with many of you down the road. Safe travels to all.

Kim & Christi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiairemy
Back
Top Bottom