NJ gun laws?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sightseers said:
God gave us the desert just for such things...

Tracer rounds are almost a religious experience.  :)

I agree.  I believe I did say , "Oh, God!" a few times when the green ones came flying at us.  :)

Bill N said:
Great response Amanda.  Take no sass from others.  A woman with 6 kids is not very likely to have their coach searched for weapons.  You don't fit the description of crazed killer on the loose.

Bill
Thank you. It's funny because I was stopped by the DEA bringing my class A from Florida to NY. Apparently it's the route traffickers use lol, I thought he was a trooper stopping me for not having a plate. He said he knew right away I wasn't a trafficker because I invited him since it was so hot out and I had the AC on lol

PJ
Then you should enjoy one of my new favorite toys....Shotgun tracer rounds.  :)) :)) :))   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4SbfyuTes

Yes, they're illegal in CA,  but there are always ways to sneak things across the borders.  ;)

PJ Stough said:
I agree.  I believe I did say , "Oh, God!" a few times when the green ones came flying at us.  :)

Yeah, PJ, me too, but  I used a little different ?terminology?.  Their quad 23?s were impressive as were the SAM?s  ;) 

Thanks for your service!

sightseers said:
The only time I have felt uncomfortable was in a site next to a camper with S&W and NRA decals and a grouchy occupant. We moved after one night.

I like how this political statement was allowed to stay .....but others were removed.

it kinda shows which way our mods LEAN.    ::)

All of the Mods on the forum are just people with their own beliefs. We try not to over moderate, just keep conversations civil. It's when they start to spiral out of control is when we are forced to step in. We have watched this topic closely to prevent such a spiral. Any gun topic can run off the rails quick. This topic was about the laws in a certain state and what is allowed.  It's been covered pretty well, and has about ran it's course.

Thank you to Sarge and all the other VOLUNTEER moderators on this forum for being watchful, keeping things civil and clamping down when things get out of hand. 

In reality.......Both Gun rules and Free Speech rules are arbitrary. 

Peace to all.  :)

For many years,  and to this day.....even our government is using the Desert as a garbage dump.

In fact....I think the word 'Desert',...  is the Spanish word for 'Dump'.    ;D  (it's a joke people)

But yes,  There's trash everywhere... people in all of our parks and deserts have forgotten how to behave. You should see all the abandoned furniture that line the dirt roads out in the Mojave.

richclover said:
Yeah, PJ, me too, but  I used a little different ?terminology?.  Their quad 23?s were impressive as were the SAM?s  ;) 

Thanks for your service!

And thank you for your service!

I didn't read all the posts.

In case it has not been addressed:

Travel THROUGH NJ you are covered by FOPA, provided the firearm is unloaded and stored as already mentioned, and no unreasonable stops are made.  That is open to interpretation, so it is best to go through and not stop.  If you spend the night you're in violation of NJ law and have no legal cause to have a firearm. 

Note that FOPA covers "firearms" and may not provide safe harbor if the magazine is high capacity, because it is not considered the firearm.

There a many pitfalls when travelling through many northeast states with a firearm.

sightseers said:
PJ
Then you should enjoy one of my new favorite toys....Shotgun tracer rounds.  :)) :)) :))   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4SbfyuTes

Yes, they're illegal in CA,  but there are always ways to sneak things across the borders.  ;)
A couple in Colorado is on trial for shooting tracer rounds on a shooting range, which caused a forest fire last year. That fire burned 12,588 acres and three homes near Basalt and El Jebel 15 air miles southeast of Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

Federal authorities have charged a Phoenix police officer and his cousin for setting off a wildfire near the ghost town of Cleator while target shooting with tracer ammunition.

Be careful with those things. The above may be why they're illegal in California.

Larry N. said:
A couple in Colorado is on trial for shooting tracer rounds on a shooting range, which caused a forest fire last year. That fire burned 12,588 acres and three homes near Basalt and El Jebel 15 air miles southeast of Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

Federal authorities have charged a Phoenix police officer and his cousin for setting off a wildfire near the ghost town of Cleator while target shooting with tracer ammunition.

Be careful with those things. The above may be why they're illegal in California.
Tracer rounds have also started fires in Utah. Be very, very careful.

Douglas County Oregon specifically prohibits tracer ammunition.  Fire season in Oregon has begun.
https://www.dfpa.net/post/fire-season-begins-june-11th-on-dfpa-protected-land

The desert has always been very fire resistant ...

That's the reason they stage the week long "Burning Man" event every year out in the middle of the desert..

At night someone is always shooting off (illegal) professional quality cannon launched fireworks,  our kids love to launch those really cool Japanese candle powered parachute things.. you can watch them go way, way up... and then they burn out just float back to earth.

At some camps they build these huge 3 story tall roaring bonfires out of gasoline doused wood pallets and old Volkswagen cases.

The desert is freedom and fun  :))

:eek: Sagebrush burns rather well, firefighters had a time with a fire along highway 1 west of Kamloops B.C. the other day. A 3 story fire fuelled by Volkswagen cases is very irresonsible, I'm glad I'm not camping anywhere near that lot.

Moderator note: After a couple of edits and moderator notices the topic still went downhill with personal comments (deleted). Folks, you all know the rules, nothing more to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom