Playing gangsta Rap music on outdoor TT stereo? Would it bother others?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This topic has really diverged! Back to the original question.

Yes, playing rap on an outdoor stereo would bother me (a lot - because I really do not like rap) BUT so would anyone who has a generator going for 12 hours.  I cannot see any reason why someone would have a generator run that long.  We use our generator to bring up the batteries or to power the microwave, but I don't think we've ever used it to run the air conditioning.  Even those who have residential refrigerators don't need to run it for 12 hours.  We once knew a family with five kids.  The dad had the entire roof covered with solar panels.  He said with that many kids he needed all the power he could get to run all their gadgets.  He had good power management and I suspect anyone who runs a generator for 12 hours doesn't know how to manage their power.  Admittedly, I don't know about the smaller portable generators used with travel trailers.  Can it be that they are running their air conditioners and have to have the generator on all day?

ArdraF

Yes, back to the original topic (talk about thread drift LOL)...

If we're in a campground without power, I bring along an automotive "smart charger".  I can run my gennie an hour and hook up the smart charger to the TT battery and bring it to about 80% on 25 amp charge.  I start the gen in the AM to make coffee, defrost anything we need to defrost, and do a quick charge on the battery....then it gets shut off.  Another hour in the evening, and it's ready for the night.  We don't camp anywhere that requires much if any use of the A/C.  12 continuous hours of listening to one run would get irritating.  Almost as bad as Bob Dylan's voice.  ;)

[quote author=BinaryBob]My posts aren't showing up. Perhaps I'm being censored....[/quote]

??? Click the Profile button, then click Show posts.

Binary Bob - I'm seeing your posts just fine.  See replies 34 and 44 in this discussion.

ArdraF

My last answer on this post also seems to have gone into the Twilight Zone ? I posted it twice and can't seem to find it anywhere. Do do do do, do do do do.

Wendy

Set the option in your Profile|Look and layout to Return to topics after posting by default, and you'll know immediately if your messages post.

Tom said:
Set the option in your Profile|Look and layout to Return to topics after posting by default, and you'll know immediately if your messages post.

That's checked Tom. I'm embarrassed to admit this is a case of operator error.

Great guitar skills, strange voice and excellent lyrics...can I add Willie Nelson to the discussion?  :)

Golden rule.  I don't like 12 hours of noise, mine or anyone else's.  I might run my generator for an hour in the early evening to top my battery, but that's it.  With a big alternator and generally not camping in one place more than a couple of days, my batteries hold out well on their own...and I'm moving from (3) 12V batteries to a bank of (4) 6V Trojans. :)

Frizlefrak said:
I was in 3rd grade.  It was 1972.  I had a portable cassette recorder I brought to school, and was listening to Jimi Hendrix & Grand Funk Railroad at recess.  I got sent to the office for listening to "hippie music".  I kid you not.

Are you sure about that?  Cassette players and music cassettes weren't really prevalent until the mid-seventies.  Maybe you were playing your eight tracks.

Bruce

nomad297 said:
Are you sure about that?  Cassette players and music cassettes weren't really prevalent until the mid-seventies.  Maybe you were playing your eight tracks.

Bruce
The cassette was developed by Philips in 1962 for voice dictation but it was not good enough for music until around 1970. I had a cassette system hooked up to my hifi by 1972 and I had one in my car shortly thereafter. You are right they were not prevalent until the mid seventies, but they were in use from 1970 on.

I bought a dual cassette made by Aiwa from the PX oversea in 1968 and thought this will never work out so I traded it for a reel to reel Akai.

Back
Top Bottom