Playing gangsta Rap music on outdoor TT stereo? Would it bother others?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
catblaster said:
I bought a dual cassette made by Aiwa from the PX oversea in 1968 and thought this will never work out so I traded it for a reel to reel Akai.
I had one of those.  Still do, actually, but it no longer works.  I just can't bring myself to tossing it.  Bought mine from the ship's store while on a WestPac in 67/68.

Sorry I've missed the early part of this thread. The beauty and mystery of life is "different strokes for different folks." A friend of mine likes to say Bob Dylan sounds like singing in a bathtub. (Yes, still my friend.)

To me, Dylan delivered his songs in the exact voice needed for his songs. And his singing varied for each era of his music career. A priced "stuff" of mine is the collection of his albums/CD, books and written materials by him and on him. See attached photo.

BTW, next to him, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young and Emmylou Harris are up there for me. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to play their music loudly in my RV while dry camping in a forest or in a canyon (with no one else in sight.)

This forum really has a fun group of folks.

Attachments

• correctConnection2-1-2.jpg
    correctConnection2-1-2.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 16
As I recall and since there was a "Major event" in my life at about that time,, The first Cassettes came out while Mr. Hendrix was still on the charts. 

alanhui said:
BTW, next to him, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young and Emmylou Harris are up there for me. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to play their music loudly in my RV while dry camping in a forest or in a canyon (with no one else in sight.)

Emmylou Harris has an incredible voice to match her beautiful songwriting abilities.

MT4Runner said:
Emmylou Harris has an incredible voice to match her beautiful songwriting abilities.
Emmylou Harris' album "Red Dirt Girl" is one of my favorites.  Great song writing as well as vocal.

This discussion wouldn't be complete without a plug for the big bands.
Gordon Goodwin, Stan Kenton, and Maynard Ferguson to name a few.
Ferguson had an insane control of the upper register which gave me goosebumps.
He's probably the reason I wear hearing aids today.... :)

When I was in Asia an Akai deck and a 35mm SLR from Nikon or Pentax were the first items on everyone's want list.

MT4Runner said:
Emmylou Harris is another artist whose artistry sustained over decades. On Nov 2013, I saw her concert billed with her long time collaborator Rodney Crowell in Benaroya Hall, Seattle. Her voice was almost as golden and pure as she was on her Pieces of the Sky or Elite Hotel albums. These were released nearly 40 years ago.

Jeff said:
When I was in Asia an Akai deck and a 35mm SLR from Nikon or Pentax were the first items on everyone's want list.
Oh, oh!  Besides the Akai, I bought a Pentax SLR on that cruise.  :)  It finally wore out, the curtain would stick and it cost too much to repair.  It was about 35 years old by then and the threat of film going away was looming on the horizon, as well.

With apologies to the OP, I am enjoying this discussion. And to return to the OP, I would be bothered by either generators running 12+ hours non-stop or loud Rap music (or any other loud music). Assuming that the generator users were running them within generator hours, there's really not a lot you can do. My biggest generator complaint is the people who leave their generators running when they're not there !

Hope you have better luck at the next campground.
Wendy

This thread is coming down to my level now  :p  Have a Sony reel to reel still works. Bought it RAF Lakenheath 1968. In process of transferring a 3 foot high stack of tapes to MP3's on my computer.  Never liked Neil his music was good  but politics not for me. Saw Janis Joplin royal Albert Hall in London.

nomad297 said:
Are you sure about that?  Cassette players and music cassettes weren't really prevalent until the mid-seventies.  Maybe you were playing your eight tracks.

Bruce

Yes.  Quite.  Panasonic.  And it would have been 1972. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom