Remodeling a 1994 Bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chamilion

Hi everyone. I  purchased a 1994 Bounder about 2 months ago. It had a roof leak as well as other some issues. It needed quite a bit of work to get it up to my standards.  Besides, I plan to live in it for a while at some point. The next day after buying the Bounder, the remodeling started. I thought I would share what has been done so far as well as future remodeling projects.

First thing we worked on was the back bedroom. There was a lot of water damage on the drivers side wall. We stripped all of the old, wet wood down to the foam. Then put in all new wood. Did the same with the bedroom closet. We pulled all of the old wood out and put in all new wood. Once all of the bad wood was out, we painted the bedroom.

The floor was nasty and had stained carpet. We pulled out all of the carpet and put down hardwood floors. For the most part. The bedroom is pretty much done.

More updates to come.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 269
Yeah I wanted to be able to use it right away. Which is why I wanted to start in the bedroom first. Oh yes, pictures are a must.

After completing the bedroom, we started working our way forward. Expect for the bathroom. I are saving the bathroom for last. It needs the most work. So the dinette area remodeling began. When I bought the Bounder the dinette was already removed and a twin mattress was taking up that space. The previous owner used it for tailgating to NASCAR races. With the dinette already removed, it made remodeling that area easier. We ended up pulling the wall that was under the window off due to misalliance damage. We ended up using wall board that looks like brick on the lower half of that wall. I think it gives the are a pretty neat look. I haven't really seen it done on an RV before. The tile floor was already done by the previous owner. I didn't want to mess with the floor because it already looked pretty good. I put a small table and stools that I had sitting in my bus conversion in place for the dinette. Frees up a lot of space without the dinette.

I can find any of pictures of the dinette are finished. I will get some pictures of it later today.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 219
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 225
Here are some more pictures of the dinette area. We finished the hardwood floors in the front living area as well. I had some of the brick wall board left over so I decided to use it around the steps. The trim pieces around the steps is not glued down yet. Just put it down to see what it would look like.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 193
Looks great! I hope your having fun with your remodeling project, I know that I would be. I have a little project of my own that I am working on at the moment, and just got done replacing a lot of rotten wood. I am really excited at how it is coming out.

Thanks. Oh yeah, I am having a blast. It's fun seeing the motorhome come together. As much as I do like working on it, I would also like to see it done. Staying in it without having to walk over tools and wood will be nice. But that day will be here before I know it. What kind of a project are you working on, MrJones?

Very nice - I'm so impressed when I see what folks do with these older units.  Ours is a 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager and the carpets are gross.  That said, I'm hesitating to remove it because I'm afraid I'll "bite off more than I can chew"!!  Still, I know it has to be done.  I'm pretty sure we'll be going with Allure.  What type of wood did you put down?  The real stuff?  Laminate?  It looks so good.  My budget is pretty low and I don't know if I could handle the saw for the wood.  Anyway, I love the pictures and am awed at your progress.  Love the stair well - very unique.

Well thank you. I know what you mean. We started with the carpet in the back bedroom instead of pulling all of the carpet out at once. Took it one step at a time just in case we hit a problem. I went with the snap together laminate. Also went with the cheapest, not really planned though. I went to a discount floor supplier for my flooring. The flooring I picked out was the cheapest (59 cents a square foot) I think. I was willing to spend more but it ended up looking better and was better quality than the more expensive ones I saw. I spent right around $100 for the flooring and pad for the bedroom and front living area combined.

chamilion said:
Well thank you. I know what you mean. We started with the carpet in the back bedroom instead of pulling all of the carpet out at once. Took it one step at a time just in case we hit a problem. I went with the snap together laminate. Also went with the cheapest, not really planned though. I went to a discount floor supplier for my flooring. The flooring I picked out was the cheapest (59 cents a square foot) I think. I was willing to spend more but it ended up looking better and was better quality than the more expensive ones I saw. I spent right around $100 for the flooring and pad for the bedroom and front living area combined.

You are doing a nice job, we love to see people renovating their rv's. We have been doing one ourselves.

It's amazing how new you can make these older RV's look with a little bit of money and a lot of know how, be proud of what you have done.

happycampersrus2 said:
It's amazing how new you can make these older RV's look with a little bit of money and a lot of know how, be proud of what you have done.
Thanks. Oh yes, I am very proud and very thankful to the people that have been helping me. Just a little more work and it will pretty much be done. What kind of rv have you all been renovating?

Oh nevermind. I just found the post on the rv you have been renovating. I actually saw it a few days ago. I just did my bathroom counter with the same kind of paint you used on yours. Never knew that existed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klausmichael
Back
Top Bottom