This post for the birds. I need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene T said:
They're not bats because one of the droppings is the size of a bat.

Maybe geese flying over? They can make a big mess too. And yes, geese do fly at night.

Rene T said:
I know will sound kind a funny and I'm desperate but here goes. In the last few days, I've been having issues with birds. I haven't seen any so I don't know what breed they are. They've been using my truck outside mirrors as a perch and are dropping bird poop all over my mirrors. Front and back. I washed my truck yesterday afternoon and this morning, they're covered again. They are also doing it on my bed rails.  Don't laugh. It's true.  Anyone know what I can do to stop them?  My wife does have a bird feeder but it's on the backside of the house about 75 feet away. She's a bird lover and don't even think about me shooting them for two reason's:  first, I would probably hit the glass and destroy my mirrors and second, I never see them. You can stop laughing anytime. :'(  I'm serious.  :eek: ::) :-\
Also getting a cat wouldn't work. I have a dog who's set in his ways.

Do you live in the RV fulltime or are you storing it? I have been looking at a full canvas cover for my travel trailer. They are around 600$ for my unit so I am on the fence.  Perhaps, something like this would help out. The one I was looking at even has a zip up flap so you can still get in the door.

Happycamper843 said:

Do you live in the RV fulltime or are you storing it? I have been looking at a full canvas cover for my travel trailer. They are around 600$ for my unit so I am on the fence.  Perhaps, something like this would help out. The one I was looking at even has a zip up flap so you can still get in the door.

No we do not live fulltime in our RV. We are at home right now and the RV is just in the driveway. The problem I'm having is with birds messing up my truck. They are landing on the outside mirrors and leaving droppings down the front and backside of the mirrors and sometimes on my hood and my tauneau cover.  I'm not at all interested in covering my RV. That's another post. You can create more problems than none in my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom