Trip to Bourbon Street

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were always back home by 4 yo spend time with my MIL and still heard some great tunes, same spots AT suggested above. We heard band with a great singer playing the clarinet, our van tour driver said it was Doreen Ketchens and we got to hear one of the greats. It was outside of Rouses Market on Royal and St. Peter. Also heard some good music at Cafe du Monde.
One thing we learned was we could park at the City Park for free and walk half a mile to the street car stop and take it down town, great option when you have a dually. We rode down to the river boat with my BIL and it was 36.00 to park for the day. Good thing we like to walk. LOL
The New Orleans City Park is a neat place to visit, Google it.

I'll reiterate my earlier comment that Duval street in Key West is what you'd get if you cleaned up Bourbon street (in both senses).

Ernie

Yep, Ernie, during our recent N.O. visit we compared Duval St. to Bourbon St. quite a few times. I would take Duval and Key West anytime to New Orleans. As far as music goes you can't compare Duval where you will find multiple places playing live music from the early morning hours to late wee morning hours to many other tourist locations. I love that a lot of the places where the music is playing will be open to the outdoors where the music cascades up and down the street. I guess Bourbon St. comes much more alive during the evening hours which we avoided as recommended by many who have experienced it.

My brother used to own Artist House B&B on Eaton Street just two blocks up from Duval so I've been lucky to enjoy all of Key West's pleasures several times.

When do farmers and gardeners start getting fresh tomatoes in southern Louisiana?

@Isaac-1 or someone that knows?

The short answer is maybe early June around here, but prime crop will be July though the long answer is:

This is a hard one to answer as it depends on a number of factors. In general around here I can tell you that garden centers, etc. typically have small tomato plants for sale around March 1st, and depending on the variety of Tomato you are looking at 60-80 days before the first tomatoes are ready to pick. The catch is many years there will be a late season freeze that may kill unprotected tomatoes as late as the first of April, though there was no such freeze this year. This is true of where I live about 80 miles inland in western Louisiana. In southeastern Louisiana closer to the coast the chance of such a spring freeze is MUCH lower, and I suspect in some parts of coastal Louisiana tomatoes may be planted as early as February. The issue is that Tomatoes really need warm weather to really start growing fast, this time of year you may see highs in the 80's one week and 60's the next.

may be planted as early as February.
Okay. I was hoping for a tomato in May down there.

Here in Maryland, we generally start planting by Mother's day (I am going to have to plant by May 2nd, and cross my fingers about the frost issues), and picking ripe tomatoes by mid July.

What is in season on Mother's day there?

Back
Top Bottom