Trip to Bourbon Street

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is March.

Are ya there yet?:D

Waving at you!
I wish. We were supposed to leave on Friday but we’re still stuck in the driveway. We have leveling issues. They aren’t working. We’ve been fooling with this since we got back from South Carolina and feel really at a loss at this point. If we can’t get this fixed today or tomorrow, we’re going to start canceling reservations. We were going to drive the great river road to Louisiana.

I started this thread to maybe get some help: LCI Leveling jacks fail - help!

I guess I can update it to see if anyone can be of further help.
Maybe you're in mobile tech territory now. Or perhaps you could make arrangements, as in appt. to take it by one of those gigantic indoor RV repair outfits like NIRVC. Or even call ahead to meet a mobile tech somewhere along the way.
Meantime you could use leveling blocks under the tires to get it in the ballpark and level enough to use the slides.

Maybe you're in mobile tech territory now. Or perhaps you could make arrangements, as in appt. to take it by one of those gigantic indoor RV repair outfits like NIRVC. Or even call ahead to meet a mobile tech somewhere along the way.
Meantime you could use leveling blocks under the tires to get it in the ballpark and level enough to use the slides.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I’ll run this by him….

If the question was asked of me are we still in Louisana, no, we have moved on to Galveston, TX.

A couple of corrections on New Orleans; one, I was told today by our traveling friends that indeed the trolly system around NO is $1.75 per person for the day, not $46 or whatever I posted. However, this system is more associated with the most Western (?) or city-central part of the French Quarter and New Orleans itself, not the fun parts of Bourbon St., Decauter St., Frenchman St. for music, etc.

Also, a post asked what our beverage choice(s) were when I posted the price a bit high. Generally, we'll start with draft beers and ask for any local crafts, and then my wife and I will move into wine as the day moves on. So, that being said, draft prices ranged from about $6.50 per pint up to a very high (in our opinion) price of $9.50. Most wines, at bar wine to first level "up' wine" say Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, ranged from $9 to $12 per pour which we thought was in line with what they should be charging. We did not get into craft cocktails, or Hurricane cocktails, saved the heavier cocktails (aka good bourbon and martinis) for back at the campground/RVs.

A couple of corrections on New Orleans; one, I was told today by our traveling friends that indeed the trolly system around NO is $1.75 per person for the day,
Yeah, I was wondering about that.

What is in Galveston? I assume you went through Beaumont to get there? Or maybe not?

We are going to Beaumont after New Orleans and Avery Island.

$6.50 a pint for draft beer? Shoo!

Happy hour in Bar Harbor the craft beers were 6.00, they are around 8 to 10 regular price.
The brewery we like to go to in Wintergarden the drafts average 7.00.

If the question was asked of me are we still in Louisana, no, we have moved on to Galveston, TX.

A couple of corrections on New Orleans; one, I was told today by our traveling friends that indeed the trolly system around NO is $1.75 per person for the day, not $46 or whatever I posted. However, this system is more associated with the most Western (?) or city-central part of the French Quarter and New Orleans itself, not the fun parts of Bourbon St., Decauter St., Frenchman St. for music, etc.

Also, a post asked what our beverage choice(s) were when I posted the price a bit high. Generally, we'll start with draft beers and ask for any local crafts, and then my wife and I will move into wine as the day moves on. So, that being said, draft prices ranged from about $6.50 per pint up to a very high (in our opinion) price of $9.50. Most wines, at bar wine to first level "up' wine" say Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, ranged from $9 to $12 per pour which we thought was in line with what they should be charging. We did not get into craft cocktails, or Hurricane cocktails, saved the heavier cocktails (aka good bourbon and martinis) for back at the campground/RVs.
Go to a Cowboys or Rangers game here, those prices N.O. are similar and the food is way better.

We had a good time in New Orleans. Spent 7 nights at the New Orleans RV Park and Marina.
Enjoyed the Easter parade, aquarium, zoo, boat ride and lunch on the river boat, a van tour of the city, a 20 mile bike ride from the campground to the city park and a few rides on the street cars.
I enjoyed listening to the musicians playing in the streets.
Several po boys, a few trips to Cafe du Monde, Mothers Restaurant, Court of the two sisters, and a few others.
Celebrated my MILs 85th bday and her husband's 79th.
All 3 of her kids and spouse's were there along with 2 other family members.

I think we walked over 20 miles that week which was good since we ate out a lot, more in a week than in 2 months. LOL

Now we are in north Little Rock at the in-laws doing projects around the house

Attachments

• 20240402_111155.jpg
    20240402_111155.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240331_125259.jpg
    20240331_125259.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Seeing you are in Little Rock, have you been to Hot Springs? This was one of our unplanned stops and we thought the place was great!

We stayed at Lake Catherine State Park and we enjoyed it so much we extended our stay for two more days. Great campground with super friendly staff from the ladies at check-in to the park rangers.

Reactions: SMR
We spent a week in Hot Springs many years ago. We did Lake Catherine back in 2011 and really liked the hiking, Arkansas state parks are really nice and well maintained.
Unfortunately this time we have a lot to do at the in-laws and won't get much time for anything else.

When we were in N.O. we found that the street musicians wandered about different streets on different days. My guess is anywhere near Bourbon Street and Jackson SQ. you'll have a good chance to stumble upon them.

For a taste of eclectic and organic New Orleans-sounding music hit Frenchman St. past 6 PM where there are various music venues reasonable in price and great vibes.

Back
Top Bottom