Upgrading to Led interior lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ernie n Tara said:
Quick note: Cheaper may well mean unregulated or with dropping resistor required. Regulated uses less current and will have more consistent light output.

Ernie

The unregulated will not interfere with over the air TV reception.  If you use your antenna, the cheap ones might be for you.

lynnmor said:
The unregulated will not interfere with over the air TV reception.  If you use your antenna, the cheap ones might be for you.
Ernie n Tara said:
Quick note: Cheaper may well mean unregulated or with dropping resistor required. Regulated uses less current and will have more consistent light output.

Ernie

I concur, it's a well established fact that the noise from better, read that as regulated power supplied, LEDs can interfere with TV, radio, and cell phone service, or any over the air broadcasts of audio, video, or data. If you have this problem, the obvious troubleshooting step is to turn off the lights. If your problem goes away, you may have to up for the cheaper, unregulated bulbs.

I just looked at the Amazon description and does not mention they are regulated.

It does say they are 1.2w, must figure out what that is in amps.

Description
Diameter:0.71in.
Length:1.575in.
Light Color: Warm White (3000~3500K)
Lumens:220LM
Number of SMD:13 (3Chip 5050 SMD)
Power: 1.2W
Applications : Internal light,Tail lights, Turn signal light, Corner light, Parking light, Side marker and Backup lights.
Save energy, Made with high intensity SMD LED
Really Long service lifetime super bright:More than 50000 hours
Input:DC12V
Cross Reference : 1156 1141 = BA15S 1073 1093 1129 1159 1259 1459 1619 1651 1680 3496 5007 5008 7506 7527
Package:10pcs BA15S 1156 1141 High Power led light bulb 13-5050SMD DC12V WARM White.

Yeap. But your RV rarely operates at 12v. A low battery is about 12v (50% charge), but when the converter or alternator are on, the system voltage is more like 13.6-14.4v. That would mean that 1.2W is about 0.8 amps. Watts = volts x amps

A regular 1156 is nominally 25 to 27 watts, figure it a full 2 amps. BTW, Gary dropped a zero above. 1.2W at 14V = 0.085 amps

I got the two bedroom lights working, turns out the mounts were loose.

Out of the 22 over head lights the one in the drivers area would not work with a Led.

Is it worth upgrading the basement lights and the one patio light?

AllRetired said:
Stephen how did you get the light over the driver to work? I can't find the switch to turn mine on,

On my Damon the driver's light is connected to the headlight switch like a car's dome light.  If there's a switch on the light itself it has to be turned on, then the light comes on when you turn the dimmer all the way up.  It's fed from the starting battery.

My one had a switch on the light fixture but it did not work.
It turned out the instrument panel dimmer needs to be on full for it to work.

How much lumens should I be getting for the patio light? It has a yellow cover.

Also do folks change out the light under the steps and on the extractor fan?

Just ordered two 921 leds to fit the Patio light and the stove extractor.  The basement ones are a smaller 921s but not going to bother swapping these as there are 4 bulbs in each compartment and some of the fittings are hard to get too.

Back
Top Bottom