Very Important question - COFFEE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, learning new things everyday...I didn't even know these existed. Thank you! They look practical for space-saving.
Yup. DW stocked the trailer with collapsible stuff. Including a dishwashing pan and drying rack and stuff I still find out about 10 months later 😁 I think she eliminated all air from the cabinets which explains the weight🤠

Wouldn't it make more sense to use an inverter? Or do you have other reasons to run the genny while in motion?

-Don- Reno, NV
We have a ‘95 Bounder. No inverter, just a converter. Also with the generator we can use the micro, and the a/c(but not at the same time).

I found a 60's traveling coffee pot set at a flea market. It is set up to use both 120 and 12v accessory (cigarette lighter for us oldies). It is a percolator style, came with both cords, 2 cups, sugar and coffee containers, coffee measuring scoop and best of all....a bracket to mount to the dashboard or some other spot in the vehicle so the pot stays put, nice and safe! All this was contained in its original carrying case. I use it to heat water since I drink a lot of hot tea and DH generally only has 1 cup of coffee in the a.m. I think I paid about $2 and it is a lovely shade of green ;)
Wow what a find!! Love the retro.

All the full sized ones have detachable water reservoir. You just lift up on em to remove. You can dump out stale water, run it through the dishwasher or just take it to the sink to fill.

That is true o the reservoir but there is also additional water INSIDE the unit itself and there is no provision to empty it out or winterize it,

I looked all over for a reasonably priced under the cabinet maker. Rare as hens teeth.

I use this Kuerig type knock off. It will make a 20 oz coffee and take cups or grounds. And as a cheap Bustard I liked the price.

I also have a percolator in case I don't have electricity or want to make coffee on the camp fire.

coffee.JPG

THis may seem like a very trivial question to some - but its almost life or death for us!

We are about to embark on our first overnight RV trip and have a very serious issue.....How do you make a pot of coffee on the road?? Doesnt the pot slide around? Creative solutions anyone?

Thanks.
Do you have a pull-behind or motorhome? In out motorhome we simple get up and go to the Keurig, pop in a k-cup and slide the traveling coffee mug under the spout.

When we had a pull-behind we'd pull over and plug in our 12 Volt Papa Long coffee maker (k-cup once again).

https://www.amazon.com/PAPA-LONG-Po...s=12+volt+coffee+makers&qid=1646752306&sr=8-7

Last edited:
I'm looking for a relatively compact ~8 cup maker. We have really shallow cabinets and short cupboards, and a coffee pot isn't something I want to leave out while in motion. Our current 14? cup maker is a real bugger to store. No Keurig for us, although they are very convenient. I can't do the throwaway virgin plastic cups, and no matter how hard I tried, filling the reusable ones just never tasted right.

I have searched the forums and can't find anything on these coffee makers. I am redoing the kitchen and need to replace my Kitchen Aid Professional series, coffee maker. I grind my beans each day and like a hot, strong cup of coffee. 100 dollar coffee maker I have narrowed my search down to the Techinvorm and a Bunn, but I'm not sure which is best. Does anyone have any information on this? Also, I know a thermal is preferred for keeping coffee fresh, but it does not make it hot enough. Any thoughts? Thank you!
no response.

We use a Keurig Mini in the RV and one of the larger ones at home (see link below). Best coffee I have ever had. It takes about 3 minutes to make a large cup of coffee, I run it on the inverter so it consumes about 6 amps total. We also keep a French Press for emergencies.

Jay T
I'm like you JayT, we have a keurig and can stop anytime, fire up the generator, and have a fresh cup of maxwell anytime, anyplace!

I found a small, all stainless steel, french press that works great and is indestructible (the glass ones weren't so robust) I also have what is commonly referred to as an Italian Percolator which is also all metal.

The french press is good for just one cup if I want to get going soon (travel day) and the Italian one will make about four espresso shots if I've got time to sit around for a while.

Neither requires electricity, just the propane stove. I'm up too early (an hour or so before Michelle) to be running a genny for coffee and life in the trailer is about a more leisurely pace of life so if the coffee is a little slower coming that's OK.

Coffee is only in the morning for me, Beer with lunch and dinner and if I feel a need for energy mid afternoon I drink a Red Bull.

I don't know where you're located, but I currently have one for sale on craigslist. Coffee Maker

With the stainless steel pot, you set it in the sink and make coffee while driving, without fear of breaking the pot in case of a sudden stop.

Unless you happen to be located reasonably close to me, you could also get one of these Coffee Maker.

Joel

I don't worry about stagnant water in my Keurig. At 3 or 4 cups a day the water doesn't stay in it long enough to get stagnant.

I got camping French press and a metal pour over. I mostly use the pour over. Then just boil water on the stove.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom