Ever been searched? (your RV that is)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SOMEBODY was looking out for us that day.
What would happen if you were searched coming back into the USA and they discovered you came back from Canada with a gun?

One time, we had some oranges that we purchased in WA State before going into Canada. We thought we ate them all, but one must have rolled out of the sack that we didn't see. The USA guards found it under the driver's seat and made a real big deal out of it because we said we didn't have any oranges. The fact that it was purchased in the USA made no difference.

BTW, one trip we came back from Vancouver, BC to the USA on Monday, September 10, 2001. I am glad we didn't try to leave leave a day later.

-Don- Reno, NV

My family had christmas
What would happen if you were searched coming back into the USA and they discovered you came back from Canada with a gun?

One time, we had some oranges that we purchased in WA State before going into Canada. We thought we ate them all, but one must have rolled out of the sack that we didn't see. The USA guards found it under the driver's seat and made a real big deal out of it because we said we didn't have any oranges. The fact that it was purchased in the USA made no difference.

BTW, one trip we came back from Vancouver, BC to the USA on Monday, September 10, 2001. I am glad we didn't try to leave leave a day later.

-Don- Reno, NV
it depends if the gun was declared going in to Canada. If not, then you are likely in trouble.

No, but some years back I bought a VW camper van. 3rd owner. Never thought anything aout it. UNTIL. I was driving in AZ, had one of those inside the border checkpoints. Suddenly it occurred to me, Old guy beard, hippie van... No knowledge of previous owners. Did they? Could they have? Lots of hidey holes in one of those. Went thru with no problems.

No, but some years back I bought a VW camper van. 3rd owner. Never thought anything aout it. UNTIL. I was driving in AZ, had one of those inside the border checkpoints. Suddenly it occurred to me, Old guy beard, hippie van... No knowledge of previous owners. Did they? Could they have? Lots of hidey holes in one of those. Went thru with no problems.
Lmao i have visions

After four pages, what is wrong with mindless and trivial banter relating to experiences and how travel have changed over the years for many of us old pharts when sharing related experiences of potential searches. Things we all did as citizens when the world was more innocent has brought some chuckle to me anyway. And if I only had that 1962 VW camper van now with the flip up hardtop, I would be mini rich. YMMV

-Don- Reno, NV
I don't think I would have had a problem explaining my firearm to the US BP, but had the Canadian BP gone ahead with their search, that would have been a problem.

They don't seem to be very forgiving of people "sneaking firearms into their country".
And, I'd rather not test their hospitality.

It was bad enough the time I told the BP at Ottawa Airport that I was coming in to Canada for work.
It took me several hours of dealing with Bureaucrats to talk my way out of THAT mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom