Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phew, I was worried when I couldn't see it, too many (including you) worked too hard to build that resource to see it gone.

Ed

Reactions: Tom
In the past day we've been working to update the forum to a new software platform and we've been offline. Welcome back!
The new forum software is called Xenforo and there are some new features and functions. There is a new page look and a fun right side column that shows a few of the latest posts.

LOGIN CHANGE:
Your account can be accessed by logging in with your e-mail address or username (that displays on posts) plus the password for your account. If you are having trouble with this and can't get through the password reset process you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach out for help.

If you've set up a new account because you couldn't access your old one let us know. we can consolidate these and get you logged back into your old account.

There are many new features and I encourage you to wander around, test things out and then visit your profile and do some updating.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired.
  • You can upload a new banner image to display at the top of your profile page (if you have made 5 or more posts). Use a wide image for a great result. Tip: You can center the image in the upload window.
  • Add a photo album or two
  • Update your signature
Mobile viewing
The site runs well on small screens. Try it out on the road, use your regular login - no app required.

There are many things still being tweaked and fiddled with and you will continue to see some changes but we wanted to get back online as soon as possible - thanks in advance for your patience.

Post up if you have questions - we're all learning ;)
Hello Janet, it looks like the Wednesday Nights' Virtual Fireside Chats have been discontinued. Please confirm. Thank you.

Not discontinued, and I thought I explained that in this week's Chat (sorry, I was bouncing between tabs and windows). Give us a few days to get the Chat link back up. Everything will be the same, at least for now.

Scroll up, and just below the red menu bar (under Members): Mark forums read.
Janet's response is more detailed/granular. Your question was:

"Mark all posts as read?" which I assumed was not on a per forum basis. Apologies if I misunderstood the question.

So far, I like what I see. Two questions:

On the prior platform, there was a <GO> button at the bottom of the page, which took you back to the list of threads on that board. It functioned like the back arrow - unless you had wandered around the thread or posted to the thread. Is this still available?

Looking at the threads posted to a board, is there a way to see which threads I have posted to?

Thanks as always.

So far, I like what I see. Two questions:

On the prior platform, there was a <GO> button at the bottom of the page, which took you back to the list of threads on that board. It functioned like the back arrow - unless you had wandered around the thread or posted to the thread. Is this still available?

Looking at the threads posted to a board, is there a way to see which threads I have posted to?

Thanks as always.
After using the prior platform for 15 years, I'm not sure I understand the "go button". If you scroll up and click Forums, you can visit individual forums and view the threads on each forum.
If you visit your profile (click your name above), click Your Content and you'll see the messages you've posted.

Terrific job on the facelift for the forum, just wondering if you can do the same for the missus🤔😄
TonyL

I'll second what grashley said - at the bottom of a long scroll of messages the "go up" link was very useful to take one back to the top of the Page. If it's gone that's OK - for chrome users you can hit CTRL-HOME on your keyboard which does the same thing.

What I am missing is the link in a list of threads that took one to "first unread post"
I also liked the 2 links at the top. "new replies" which was a list of all threads I was participated in and "new posts" which is already replicated on the new software.

Good job folks. Herculean task to migrate a forum - well done!

There is a work around for the "first unread" button I guess. If you click on the "time stamp" of the "latest post by" it will take you to the last post and you can scroll up from there.

Still would be nice to have a "first unread" button at some point...

I like the new Format as well. I just posted a 'link' in another thread, works much nicer than before. I access this site on my desktop PC. I have added a bookmark on my browser to 'What's New' , works very nice. I see all the new threads that have been added to since the last time I was on, read / add to what I want, click the 'mark all threads read' and I'm clean for the next time I return.

What "Time" is shown on the red band on each message? On the message above this one it is shown as "Today at 2:28 PM" which is a far cry from the actual time in any time zone I know of!!! (I am in eastern and the time is 9:48A as I post)

Last edited:
What is "Time" is shown on the red band on each message? On the message above this one it is shown as 2:28 PM which is a far cry from the actual time and any time zone I know of!!! (I am in eastern and the time is 9:48A as I post)
It's the time the message was posted. If you haven't already done so, go to your Profile (click your name in the menu) and select Preferences. Then select your time zone and Save. The message time will then be shown in your time zone.

Are the forum Library and Resources sections still accessible? I realize they are separate from the forum boards but haven't found a link to them yet.
They're on our list of things to get done. It's not as simple as posting links.

I like the new look, but I miss the previous/next thread buttons at the bottom. I used those a lot.
I can't take credit for finding this but, if you start to scroll up, you'll see a pair of up/down arrows in the lower right of your screen.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffery_rv
Back
Top Bottom