Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, Again, I used to get email notifications when someone replied to a thread I posted in. I don't get those notifications anymore. Chuck

BTW, Again, I used to get email notifications when someone replied to a thread I posted in. I don't get those notifications anymore. Chuck
Chuck, go to your profile (click your name in the menu above) and select Preferences.

Different for sure. Things I don't like...... no indication of if I have previously posted in a particular thread. It would be nice if part of the edit feature for a post you made was a delete button (with confirmation) so when you accidentally post in a very old thread because someone brought it back from the dead, you can just delete the whole post. As it is, unless I am missing something, you end up putting "post deleted" or similar and the post stays there, needlessly.

I might re do the thumbnail pic

Charles

Different for sure. Things I don't like...... no indication of if I have previously posted in a particular thread. It would be nice if part of the edit feature for a post you made was a delete button (with confirmation) so when you accidentally post in a very old thread because someone brought it back from the dead, you can just delete the whole post. As it is, unless I am missing something, you end up putting "post deleted" or similar and the post stays there, needlessly.

I might re do the thumbnail pic

Charles
For threads you've posted in, you should see your avatar in a small box at the lower right corner of the thread icon.

Selection_007.png

@chuckbear

Try clicking on "Find Threads", then "Threads with your posts" I think that might help... Click on thread and I think it takes you to the last place you read. Let us know if this doesn't help.

Do we still have the memorial page for members who have passed to the Great Campground in the Sky? Something I saw reminded me of it and I can't find it if it's still available.

ArdraF

Do we still have the memorial page for members who have passed to the Great Campground in the Sky? Something I saw reminded me of it and I can't find it if it's still available.

ArdraF
Ardra, it's one of the things on my to-do list.

Last edited:
And after posting a reply, is there a way to go back and modify it?
Never mind again. I found the edit button.

Last edited:
I can't take credit for finding this but, if you start to scroll up, you'll see a pair of up/down arrows in the lower right of your screen.
No, that just takes you to the top(or bottom)of the page you're currently on. The "previous/next" buttons took you to the first unread post of the thread either above or below the one you just finished reading.
I'm weird. I like to read all the unread posts in each forum and then on to the next one. The "new posts" list has you jumping from forum to forum as you read the list of new posts. I didn't use that in the old forum.

I'm wondering if there is an equivalent to the old forums Private Messaging?

Edit: Looks like "Conversations" may be it. That's the email icon next to your login name on thetop bar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom