Irish Visitors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hazel,

How could you forget to mention your anniversary???? ;D I know, it's the whirlwind tour you have been on since you arrived. We wish you a very Happy Annirversary though a little late. It was very nice of you to take us to dinner. We really enjoyed it. Luke sure is a trip!!! He seems to have adopted another Grandma. ;D It has been nice seeing Sam start to open up and have fun. Jude is really nice and very quiet. Somertimes you don't know she's there! :)  We will hate to see you pull out this morning. We are up and watching to be sure you don't run away without saying goodbye. ;D ;D

We hope the rest of your journey is what you expect. Just keep in touch with the Framily so they will know where you are. I'm sure you will meet many of them in your travels. If you can get to the forum rally in  Utah I'm sure you will have a LOT of fun going off road with the group. There are always seats available in one of the vehicles and the kids would really enjoy it. I wish we had more time so we could show you some of the photos we've taken on our various trips.

Tom said:
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. That makes two couples I know who shared their anniversary dinner with Pat and Jim.

Tom,

Sounds like we've started a tradition!!! ;D Guess more Framily need to come by on their anniversary! :)

Jim,

The four of us were in Borrego Springs when Chris and I celebrated our anniversary a couple of years ago.

cleopatrani said:
Hey hey, just to let you know we got to Okefenokee RV ground just fine.  :)
Thanks again for everything.

Glad you made it safely, even though driving on the "wrong side."  ;)

BTW, your original username was steve-hazel!

Tom said:
Jim,

The four of us were in Borrego Springs when Chris and I celebrated our anniversary a couple of years ago.

Well, that's kind of stopping by. ;D Didn't we go to the local pub that night?

cleopatrani said:
Hey hey, just to let you know we got to Okefenokee RV ground just fine.  :)
Thanks again for everything.

Great job!!! We are enjoying your blog as well. Luke did great on the photos!

Hi again,  Just dropping a line to say we are still alive.  Had no internet access for a few days.  We stayed in High Falls State Park whilst in Jackson, georgia.  It was lovely there.  Waterfalls, a river and a forest all next to our RV site.  We stayed there 3 nights while I visited my friend in prison.  I will get round to writing a blog post later tonight.  Tonight we are staying one night in a bare bones RV park still in Georgia but almost in Florida.  Its costing us $12 for the night here but tomorrow we move back down to Florida and begin our gulf coast drive.  We are loving being outside so much.  Georgia was colder and we had another Tornado warning and storm last night, but we still found the area beautiful and the people lovely.

Anway, we are still alive, and no accidents yet (except sam falling in the river!)

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

Good to hear from you. Thought perhaps the big gator got all of you or they didn't let you out of the prison!! ;D Pat surmised you had no access to the Internet. Glad all is still going well. We'll keep our eye out for your blog update.

Jim just told me about this thread. We were at Jim's a few days ago and had a very interesting visit with you guys. be sure to tell Steve and your children we said hello and safe travels. If you happen to get to Michigan send us a note and we'll show you around.
BTW this is Dick & Yvonne Bell.

I didn't find out till this year Jim & I are neighbors at TGO.

Hey all, just checking in.  We are in Mississippi now, near Biloxi at the moment.  Have been through Alabama, and had a great day visiting the USS Alabama Warship and submarine yesterday.  What a great place to spend the day, and not too expensive either.  Anyone going through Mobile AL simply must visit there.  We stayed at Chickasabogue Forest Park in Mobile for just $9 a night with passport america, and it was as nice as any state park we've stayed in.  Anyone looking for somewhere to stop on their way through Mobile should stay there.  Lovely place.  Quite, spacious, fire pits, tons of woodland, a beach and creek to swim in.  Fab value for money.

Will be in Mississippi for 4 nights before entering Louisiana.  Hope everyones well.

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

We almost went to the USS Alabama. We have done the USS Massachusetts before. They are battleships and a couple were recommissioned during the Vietnam  war. All are now back in mothballs. Other than aircraft carriers they were the largest ships in the Navy.

Happy to hear you are still having a great time. Dick & Yvonne were asking about you today at our condo potluck. We miss not seeing you across the street. :)

Today we had the pleasure of meeting Steve, Hazel, Sam, Judi, and Luke at the Alamo.  After touring the Alamo we walked across the street to the River Walk Mall to visit with them for some time.  The visit was much to short but we had a great time.  We were able to give them our AAA Tour Books and maps for the states that they still plan on touring.  Attaching a couple of pictures taken at the River Walk.

Attachments

• Judi Hazel Luke Steve Sam at Riverwalk (Medium).JPG
    Judi Hazel Luke Steve Sam at Riverwalk (Medium).JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Luke & Hazel for a little comfort time (Medium).JPG
    Luke & Hazel for a little comfort time (Medium).JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member