Jeep Modifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John Canfield said:
Oh no, the chrome nerf bars are gone!  ;D

That was my first thought as well, I didn't want to say anything, :-X  but I don't care for the looks of those things.  No matter what they are on.

Mike.

Becks said:
Your shop or someone in your Jeep club should have a Pro Cal tool to calibrate. I'll be in Pahrump for the month of March and have mine with me if your headed that way.

Let me know where you're at, and I'll try to get over and buy you a cup of coffee at the very least. Pahrump is less than an hour from my door step.

John Canfield said:
Oh no, the chrome nerf bars are gone!  ;D

Those things were the first things to go. Those Chrome Nerf Bars remind me of those silly Jeep thingies they had in the Philippines for public transportation.

Water Dog said:
Don't remember if you installed an sye or not. If so and it was a standard one, all you need is the correct tooth speedometer gear as Mike suggested. If you had a super short sye installed, you would have to get an electronic recalibration device as there isn't any gear in the super short sye's. http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/products_ht.html

It was is a standard SYE.

Oscar Mike said:
Thanks, I appreciate that. Now if I can only teach my wife to see the beauty.
Good luck with that.  Mine still refers to my Jeep as that POS.  ;)

zmotorsports said:
That is something your mechanic probably should have done or at least mentioned to you needed to be done.  On the 99-2006 TJ and 2004-2006 LJ that use the NV231 transfer case there is a small plastic gear at the rear of the transfer case that needs to be changed out for one with the appropriate number of teeth.  They are itentified by color and teeth count.  It is quite easy to do, there is a chart that shows tire diamater and how.

Here is a chart on Quadratec's website displaying the options.
http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/article-46.htm

Mike.

Mike, thanks for the lead, I ordered the correct part this morning.

Photog said:
Good luck with that.  Mine still refers to my Jeep as that POS.  ;)

My wife has refused to come out to my shop this week even to look at the thing...  ;D

Oscar Mike said:
My wife has refused to come out to my shop this week even to look at the thing...  ;D

I can relate to that, but I understand that there's a new book out that explains understanding women... ;D

Attachments

• Book.jpg
    Book.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 19
I added 6" Bushwhacker Fender Flares, now I am once again 50 state legal. I really hate it when the tires stick out past the fender well/flares.

Attachments

• Fender Flares 005.JPG
    Fender Flares 005.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 23
Looks great John.  It has taken on a completely new personality compared to the last time I saw it.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Looks great John.  It has taken on a completely new personality compared to the last time I saw it.

Mike.

Last year at Moab it was still in its infant form where the Jeep and the Driver were commensurate. Now the Jeep is far more capable than the driver. I belong to a Jeep Club, The Desert Wranglers, A Meetup.com group that has a dealership sponsor. They are geared towards the beginner to moderate, with a rare advanced driver, modified Jeep run. I am going on as may of their beginner to moderate runs this spring to better learn my Jeep's capabilities, looking forward to St. George and Moab later this year. 

May I add my two cents.... Stone guards for your headlights, in black of course.

Dan 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom