Moral Trespassing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If HUD does not want the fruit picked they should post a sign “No Fruit Picking”. And if anyone does pick the fruit do not offer any to Domo since that would be akin to accepting stolen property. But having said that if the evidence has been eaten I’m not sure how a conviction would be upheld. Does fruit contain DNA? If it does I would not want to be the one that would have to collect the evidence post digestion. Maybe Judge Wapner or Judge Judy would be lenient. On second thought, I don’t think Judy would. 😎
Thanks - I agree - don't give me any, lord knows what was sprayed on those evil, desecrated, stolen, pilfered, devil-tempting, bad-path-leading, radical forum discussion fruit!

LOL, I'll just chomp on my extra mint toothpicks and feel guilty enough for all of us.

Judge Judy is a favorite - cuts to the bone quickly and can certainly bring a good laugh!

Fruit that you know hasn't been sprayed with anything because it's been growing within your sight distance, or fruit from the store that has a sticker on it with assurance from the government that it's clean and healthy. Take your "pick".

Here in Alaska you absolutely can not harvest wild game and then sell or barter it, yet it's OK to pick wild berries and sell them to a private company to turn them into jams/jellies for the tourists and make big profits. So it's pretty obvious that at least up here, the fruits are not being properly protected. We need congress to get to work regulating the crap out of wild vegetation or it's going to be anarchy!

It is wrong to trespass on another person's property. So, yes, you would be morally and criminally wrong as this would be stealing from someone that was not given the opportunity to give, or deny, permission.

There could also be the deceased's best friend looking out their window seeing you sneaking around and will call the cops as that's their hobby as the self-assumed neighborhood watch person.

Let's not be another example of "getting away with something" - you are not entitled to anything on a neighbor property without explicit permission.

If the decaying fruit on the ground was causing a health issue call the owner of record to have the fruit cleaned up. However, if you DO have them on the phone simply ask them for permission to harvest and clean up the hazard - get permission on some kind of letterhead/company email header in writing.

If the fruit overhangs your property line - yes, you can harvest those.
Good advice.

My daughter was screwed by a national bank to the tune of foreclosure. I was shafted by a regional bank to the tune of about $6000. Anytime I can get 3¢ from a bank I consider it a win. The only question is what bank is the biggest crook.

Anyone ever get ran over by a stagecoach?

I used to have a plum tree in my front yard next to the driveway. People would whip in and reach out the window and grab a couple of plums.

BUY THE HOUSE! if you can afford it, before someone does and you end up with undesirable neighbors. Talk to a real estate agent, give them the address, they will be able to give you info on it.

If the house is too far gone, take it down. If it can be fixed, at least put a roof on it and cut all the bushes away from it.

Charles

All good thoughts, and several of the neighbors here are interested in it for various reasons, but so far it has not been put up for sale by HUD, instead it just sits there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom