Random acts of kindness.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sightseers said:
I'm not going to ride on the glory of the Military kids today...we had our day.

Well, we didn?t have our day! But I don?t want it now. The whole ?Thank you for your service? thing, unless coming from a vet, rings hollow to me. Though, I know many of the brothers I served with see it differently.

DonTom said:
I am curious where you found that statistic.  I too am in that 30%. I was 20 years old in 1969 while I was in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Army, 11B (infantry), B-3-8, 4TH Infantry Division.  I was also in the 1970 Cambodia incursion.
Welcome home!
-Don-  Reno, NV

I read it in either the American Legion of VFW Magazine about a year ago.  It said around 31% but I figured by now it would be around 30.

sightseers said:
a long time ago I asked my Doctor ....how come all the WW2 Vets didn't have to take PTSD medicine  ?

He said to me..  "They should have,  but instead they just got drunk and beat their wives" 

That really shook me up.
Wasn't that the truth? I saw too much of that with my classmates' families growing up in the fifties and sixties. Hopefully we have come a long ways.

Cooperhawk said:
I read it in either the American Legion of VFW Magazine about a year ago.  It said around 31% but I figured by now it would be around 30.
Yep. I just checked on the web myself and posted the info. above. Same info. as you posted.

Not only should I be dead by the odds, but by the odds I am also a phony wannabee!

In the past, why one would want to lie about service in Vietnam, I have a little trouble understanding. But I guess "the world"  has changed that much since the days of the war.

I assume they can get away with it until they talk  to a real RVN vet. Perhaps some don't understand we kinda speak  a different "language" that the wannabees usually don't  understand.

-Don-  Reno, NV

I am grateful for vets.  My father served during Korea (in Germany near the border with the East), my uncle Howard served in Korean including the Chosin ?advancing in another direction? maneuver, my uncle Ken was a radioman in B-17?s in Europe and went down twice, and my great uncle Fritz survived Corrigedor and a POW camp in the Pacific.

I learned as a boy to respect their space.  They are my heroes and on one occasion I saw them huddled up at a family event and some tears were flowing.

This is one reason I am never shy about thanking someone.

Bill N said:
And yet they rose to Commander in Chief and are doing more than they could have as a General.

Hmmm. Bill, go look at yourself in the mirror, a good hard look, and then slap the snot out of yourself. Me, i?m Gonna have another three fingers of scotch.

Oldgator73 said:
Hmmm. Bill, go look at yourself in the mirror, a good hard look, and then slap the snot out of yourself. Me, i?m Gonna have another three fingers of scotch.
I found a new best friend....Crown Royal Vanilla

I thought the same thing about a flavored whiskey.....turns out,  it's a nice sippin' whiskey.

And.... with a name like that...it's real easy to get a female friend to take a sip...or two  ;) 

sightseers said:
I thought the same thing about a flavored whiskey.....turns out,  it's a nice sippin' whiskey.

And.... with a name like that...it's real easy to get a female friend to take a sip...or two  ;)

I mentioned it to the wife and she said it sounded delicious. She just left in the car. Either on her way to the liquor store or your place. As Tom Bodett used to say  ?.....and we?ll leave the light on for you?. Leave the light on and the bottle handy.

Oldgator73 said:
I am the one smiling and you are the one drinking.  I like it that way.

Back
Top Bottom