Shell starts to close gas stations.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's certainly one view of it. I am one who rarely [if ever] accepts "science" for what they tell us it is.

It is not popular, nor accepted by any mainstreamers, but the folks who have done their research say it a naturally occurring resource made by the earth itself. This makes way more sense to me given the magnitude of the new discoveries and the lack of evidence for the accepted story/theory.

Haven't always been this way, I bought all their stories for a very long time up until about four years ago.

There are many scientific theories that are not scientific fact. The scientific method cannot be used with all theories. And in the last 20 years of so, a lot of theory has been stated as fact, not checked by other qualified people.

A lot of junk science lately, so I cannot blame you.

But let me do a search on where oil came from and see what it says . . .

Here it says.

"A so-called fossil fuel, petroleum is believed by most scientists to be the transformed remains of long dead organisms. The majority of petroleum is thought to come from the fossils of plants and tiny marine organisms. Larger animals might contribute to the mix as well."

"But another theory holds that more oil was in Earth from the beginning than what's been produced by dead animals, but that we've yet to tap it."

So these theories do not qualify as fact. It's obviously mainly guesswork. Many things cannot be scientifically proven. At least not yet.

-Don- Reno, NV

Yep, there are many unproved theories. I won't go into any others, creates too much animosity among those who are wholehearted believers in whast they have been taught. However, the only fact about this one is, neither explanation is fact as we know it because there's no concrete proof either way at this point. Sad fact is there are very few critical thinkers these days so even if proof were to be discovered, most wouldn't believe it.

I am a huge skeptic when it comes to the accepted explanations so my money is on the latter that you found in the search.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience - Mark Twain

I don’t think my use of “dino juice” was inviting debate with the neo-science crowd who does their own research on the internet, but here we are.

Should I have called it “overly expensive petro-chemical of forced dependence and price-fixing by a global cabal”?

Nah, I’ll stick with dino juice. It’s shorter.

I don’t think my use of “dino juice” was inviting debate with the neo-science crowd who does their own research on the internet, but here we are.

Should I have called it “overly expensive petro-chemical of forced dependence and price-fixing by a global cabal”?

Nah, I’ll stick with dino juice. It’s shorter.
By comparison humans have been around .0012% of the time dinosaurs were on the planet. 165,000,000 to 200,000 years. Put another way the score is 99.9988 dinosaurs .0012 humans.
Meantime, there’s only one fact, BS is more fun and anything goes.

By comparison humans have been around .0012% of the time dinosaurs were on the planet. 165,000,000 to 200,000 years. Put another way the score is 99.9988 dinosaurs .0012 humans.
Meantime, there’s only one fact, BS is more fun and anything goes.

I don't think most dinosaurs even had opposable thumbs. Poor things, didn't stand a chance.

But the term "dinosaur" covers many different reptile species over those 200 million years or so. Makes it difficult to compare to humans.

-Don- Reno, NV
I think you could argue an elephant is only a mouse with a glandular condition too, especially if you’d argue with a fence post. Otherwise, it’s not difficult at all, dinosaur is a ubiquitous term largely describing the reptiles which roamed the planet for 200,000,000 years, not just the big scary ones. Humans didn’t come along until 65,000,000 years after the dinosaurs were long gone.

Dino juices....LMAO. Uh no, think of the trillions of gallons of crude oil pumped out of the earth over just the last few decades, much less since 1900. You really think dinosaurs had anything to do with making the oil?
A lot of people use that term and the term "burning up dead dinosaurs".

At some gas station the last time I was in AZ, some guy politely asked me if I could fill up his five-gallon portable tank for him, as I started filling up my RV.

I did.

If they find a sucker like me, all they have to do is politely ask.

-Don- Reno, NV
I did that once, when a fellow came over to me and asked. I watched him take it over to an old beater pick-up, and put in the tank, then and his mrs had to work at getting the thing started, while several kids stood off to the side. Another guy, watching, after they got it started had him pull the pickup over to a pump and filled his tank for him. I always wondered if they got where they were going.

Yep, there are many unproved theories. I won't go into any others, creates too much animosity among those who are wholehearted believers in whast they have been taught. However, the only fact about this one is, neither explanation is fact as we know it because there's no concrete proof either way at this point. Sad fact is there are very few critical thinkers these days so even if proof were to be discovered, most wouldn't believe it.

I am a huge skeptic when it comes to the accepted explanations so my money is on the latter that you found in the search.

But there is more than one definition of "theory". Such as the "theory of gravity." Doesn't mean gravity isn't a well proven fact.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom