Shell starts to close gas stations.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gravity is still called a theory, not because we don’t know it exists, but because we’re not entirely sure how it works in its entirety. For example, we weren’t really sure about General Relativity ( which is about gravity) until Eddington proved that gravity bends light.

But there is more than one definition of "theory". Such as the "theory of gravity." Doesn't mean gravity isn't a well proven fact.

-Don- Reno, NV
The Law of Gravity (Newtons Law of Universal Gravitation) is, indeed a well-proven Fact.
There are a number "Theories of Gravity" that address specific observations of effects that Gravity has on certain observed Phenomena.
However many of the notions that us normal folks often refer to as "theories" are simply notions that someone got in their head, and Decided to share as their personal "Theories".
In science a theory is developed through specific science-related process that includes documented attempts at testing those notions until there is some agreed upon Hypothesis and strenuous testing of that hypothesis and recording the results of said testing.

The Law of Gravity (Newtons Law of Universal Gravitation) is, indeed a well-proven Fact.
Yep. Much like "the theory of evolution" is scientific fact. The "theory" is the explanation that makes it scientific fact.

"a theory in science, again following the definition given by the NAS, is “a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.”

As it explains here.

-Don- Reno, NV

I'm a little surprised Walmart hasn't also gotten into the wholesale gas business, although that's more of a Sam's Club thing I guess. Still, with their stores in such rural locations, they seem to have a business model that puts everything else in town out of business...why not the local gas station too!
I wonder if it is because you need a membership at Sam's Club to get the discount on gas or in store purchases and Walmart does not require that

What about the "Flat Earth Theory"? I asked a flat-earther a week or so ago (in an online discussion group) how do they account for the upcoming eclipse if the Earth was flat? So far, crickets. :rolleyes:

What about the "Flat Earth Theory"? I asked a flat-earther a week or so ago (in an online discussion group) how do they account for the upcoming eclipse if the Earth was flat? So far, crickets. :rolleyes:
That's a very hard one, even those who know a ton about the subject cannot answer it. At the same time there are literally hundreds of others that have been answered and proven time after time. I posted this years ago on a channel on Telegram before I started my own library there. I won't gum up the works here on this thread, but I want to leave this with those of you who think the science is settled on it. I am one who knows science is never settled, btw.

If you like puzzles try this one on for size....

"Ok time for the wrench...think about this very carefully before you answer. Critical thinkers may have already thought of this or will at the very least question the "science" as they were taught. Those who believe the accepted tale will no doubt resort to making fun, getting all bent out of shape calling names and such. These folks will never try to research before they speak, they just repeat the crap they have been told [similar to those who fight over politicians]. So with that said, riddle me this....

According to the heliocentric model as presented to all of us in school, Mercury and Venus are both said to be in orbits between Earth and the Sun correct? It is common knowledge that we can see both in the night sky from time to time right? Now here's the thinking part....if it's night time on Earth and we are pointed AWAY from the sun and the two planets in orbits between us, HOW CAN YOU EVER SEE THEM?"

There's no riddle or very much critical thinking needed. Venus and Mercury are only seen in periods of darkness around sunrise and sunset as a fixed point on earth rotates away from (and later, into) the sun. Otherwise they are visible in daylight if you're looking for them.

That's a very hard one, even those who know a ton about the subject cannot answer it. At the same time there are literally hundreds of others that have been answered and proven time after time. I posted this years ago on a channel on Telegram before I started my own library there. I won't gum up the works here on this thread, but I want to leave this with those of you who think the science is settled on it. I am one who knows science is never settled, btw.

If you like puzzles try this one on for size....

"Ok time for the wrench...think about this very carefully before you answer. Critical thinkers may have already thought of this or will at the very least question the "science" as they were taught. Those who believe the accepted tale will no doubt resort to making fun, getting all bent out of shape calling names and such. These folks will never try to research before they speak, they just repeat the crap they have been told [similar to those who fight over politicians]. So with that said, riddle me this....

According to the heliocentric model as presented to all of us in school, Mercury and Venus are both said to be in orbits between Earth and the Sun correct? It is common knowledge that we can see both in the night sky from time to time right? Now here's the thinking part....if it's night time on Earth and we are pointed AWAY from the sun and the two planets in orbits between us, HOW CAN YOU EVER SEE THEM?"
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

The nearby college city has a new gasoline filling station this year. Rocket is the name, they have about 20 gas pumps, no EV charge stations, and a large lobby with food vending machines.
Yah. Seems to be more of a European and Canadian phenomenon.

Was it a shell station?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Well think about this.... we can't see the rings around Uranus but we know they are there.
We can’t see subatomic particles either but we know electrons exist because some really smart people can do the math and because magnetrons fire electrons ( microwaves) which make molecules vibrate ( friction) and that’s how popcorn pops.

Leave it to Shell.. they'll find a way to sell Premium electrons at those new EV stations. Or, wait for it.... Green Power, Top Tier electrons. Sourced from organic wind farms, all electrons are cage-free.

Leave it to Shell.. they'll find a way to sell Premium electrons at those new EV stations. Or, wait for it.... Green Power, Top Tier electrons. Sourced from organic wind farms, all electrons are cage-free.
I hear ya. 👍.

Right now they seem to be middle of the road for price although we have only used them twice and that was last summer.

We have noticed a few installs that have never been activated although they have been completed for 6 months. Rumour has it the BC hydro drop wasn’t organized before hand so they might have jumped the gun a bit on a couple locations.

Not sure about reliability although the two we used were fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom