What's you favorite dish to make when camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In cool weather I like to make prime rib roast with Yorkshire pudding and gravy. 

Chief,

My son was in iraq for a year and gained more than a few pounds after getting home. 
Thank you for your service.  Hope you're home with your family soon!!

Roadhappy, I was in Afghan 2 years ago- it sucks, I ate everything when I got home too and did add some weight- alot, I think I am still trying to lose a few of those pounds now. I want to run the inner parimeter of Camp Bondsteel before I leave, about 7 miles, getting there but not there yet.

I can already taste that prime rib from outbacks, yummy!!!!! but 90 more days till leave. :(

Thanks everyone for the thank you's but The guys in Afghanistan and the wives at home taking care of everything are the real heros, I am just a bean counter on this mission.

edjunior said:
Baby back ribs or Johnson Beer Brats.  Yummy!  We like to grill zucchini and squash also.  Some beans with the meat and veggies and we are set!

[quote author=Wizard46]if you're ever near me, please send an invite. Sounds like you're my kind of cook. Nothing on the brats except mustard and onions.  ;D [/quote]

Yeah, me too. I'll be right over with a pitcher of Margaritas on the rocks.  :D  - Flyboy
Edit: Fixed quote.

One of my favorite meals, is pork tenderloin wrapped in thick cut bacon slowly cooked on my Weber Q100, and when just about ready, I brush it with Spicy BBQ sauce. Along with the pork, I make thick cut steak fries in the toaster oven ;D

Marc L said:
I do the above too, minus the BBQ sauce.  I sometimes split the tenderloin open first, stuff it, then bacon wrap it.
OMG.... running for my Lipitor pills....!!!!!! :) :) :)

Just kidding...  I love everything about steak, even though knowing it's probably why I'm on Lipitor!

I think this summer I'm gonna do this one.  I'll have to bring along the Bradley smoker to do it, but I think it might be be worth it.  Baby back ribs.  Covered with a homemade rub the day prior, wrapped in plastic and refridgerated for 24 hours.  2 hours of cherry wood smoke at 225 degrees.  Take em outta the smoker, wrap them in foil, sprinkle liberally with apple juice, seal them in the foil wrap, then another hour at 225 without smoke.  Take em out of the foil, cover them with sauce and finish them off for 2 hours at no more than 225 without smoke.

Whatta ya think?  I'm thinking they'll taste pretty good this way.  I'm gonna do some this method tomorrow and Sunday to make sure it's a worthwhile technique to figure out how to pack the smoker in the motorhome.

Boiled peanuts.....1 lb raw nuts, 2 cups zatarans crawfish boil,1 to 2 cup salt and boil for 4 hrs...add 3 cans black olives at tne end and let them sit overnight to soak up the spice....Too darn bad I can't eat them anymore.

ChiefM said:
Wolf
Some ranger pudding for desert ?

Oh Heck Yeah Chief!  Liked it when I got to eat it.  MRE's aren't a part of the diet any more though.  I've heard they're even better now than they used to be.  Come with little heaters now.  We used to just cook em on a engine in whatever vehicle was around.  Slow cook on the radiator fast cook on the exhaust manifold.

They are OK, some are real good but they are loaded with calories, (just in case it is your only meal of the day). The heaters work pretty good. I will have to send you one when I get back to the states. ;)

ChiefM said:
They are OK, some are real good but they are loaded with calories, (just in case it is your only meal of the day). The heaters work pretty good. I will have to send you one when I get back to the states. ;)

That would be awesome Chief.  Where are you now, Afgan?

Our 'traditional' (if you call 2 years long enough to be a tradition) is homemade spaghetti the first night in camp. My wife makes the noodles with an excellent Kitchenaid noodle extruder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbo1502001!
Back
Top Bottom