Who built the pyramids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still waiting to find out how some clown built a boat and gathered up two of each species and took them out for a 40 day cruise. There are millions of species on Earth. Must have been a very big boat. And how did he feed them? If it really did happen then after 40 days two very fat lions would be all that is left.
That's the nice thing about religious histories - there is always the possibility of a miraculous explanation for what seems highly improbable. There is always some "evidence" of a god's hand in the tale.

How would they determine that it was power tools, unless they include people-powered as being "power tools."

From the nature of the saw marks and how far they cut before they decided "Opps wrong angle" according to the show... Myself.. I can see possible other explanations for the false cut... but as I said. i work in wood. not stone.

And people power is possible. Think of a hand powered rotary drill Uses the same drill nits as your Black And Decker power drill.. but instead of plugging in and pulling a trigger you crank a crank. Well.. there are ways for a team of people to power a band saw or a rotary saw in much the same manner.

Like a team of horses on a tread mill running a thresher.

Sounds like someone is watching "Ancient Aliens" too much on the History Channel. Those on the side of religious faith have already settled in their heart and mind. They will never be dissuaded any other way now. Those who do not participate in the faith group are dead set to prove the faith group different. And those who are in the faith group bunch know why they do this. It's no argument. Take your side and live with the everlasting consequences.

This argument will never be resolved on this side of eternity.

Here's a thought, something that changed my entire way of thinking...

January 3, 1974... my first day college. I was a ministerial student. My first class, first morning, first day in college, first for everything. The class was "Old Testament Survey."

The VERY first words out of the professors mouth that forever changed my life.....

"Be it known that no where in the Bible can it be proved that God exists. From the very beginning, it is ASSUMED that God exists."

Now .... think about that for a little bit and a lot of the arguing about attempting to "prove" the Bible or "prove" God somehow takes a different dimension.

The Bible is a book of "Faith". It CANNOT or never will be a book to "prove" anything. And that what "faith" is.... It's about believing in things that cannot be seen, cannot be explained, cannot be proven, that make no logical sense, but somehow .... deep, deep down inside you know it to be absolutely true! That is "faith." And no athirst can ever understand that.

Last edited:
Those who do not participate in the faith group are dead set to prove the faith group different. And those who are in the faith group bunch know why they do this. It's no argument. Take your side and live with the everlasting consequences.

Well, not quite. I mentioned this to someone who reached out to me privately on my religious beliefs--the lack thereof. I said the difference is my cult isn't holding a membership drive.

I see no need to talk about the same book passage by passage, over and over, in person, once per week or sometimes more, singing the same songs about the same things, and being told if I don't do this or think a certain way that somehow I'll end up in a bad place because God's love is, actually, conditional. If that's not brainwashing, it's definitely indoctrination, and sometimes it borders on financial domination. If someone wants to do that, or be that, I have no problem with it as long as I'm not forced to be part of it.

Well, not quite. I mentioned this to someone who reached out to me privately on my religious beliefs--the lack thereof. I said the difference is my cult isn't holding a membership drive.

I see no need to talk about the same book passage by passage, over and over, in person, once per week or sometimes more, singing the same songs about the same things, and being told if I don't do this or think a certain way that somehow I'll end up in a bad place because God's love is, actually, conditional. If that's not brainwashing, it's definitely indoctrination, and sometimes it borders on financial domination. If someone wants to do that, or be that, I have no problem with it as long as I'm not forced to be part of it.
"I said the difference is my cult isn't holding a membership drive." :LOL:

The last time I was accosted by a religious freak I was sitting in my van in a parking lot reading he started with the old "Have you given yourself to Jesus?" line. He didn't like my reply. Something like "Does he self satisfy himself or does he hire a woman?" He could not get away from me quick enough telling me "God is going to strike you down." I am still waiting. And I have said a lot worse.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR
"I said the difference is my cult isn't holding a membership drive." :LOL:
Oh there is a different name that secular cult fund raising and membership drive is called. Its called campaign fundraising and you can join up and give all the money you want to multiple numbers of "preachers" . :p

Last edited:
Giant stones at Puma Punku were cut to closer tolerances than we can cut today. Plato's Atlantis may not have been fiction. If civilization were wiped out today all our history is written on paper or digital. There will no record of us. In 10,000 years only our stone structures will be left. Future archeologists will wonder how Mt Rushmore was carved without power tools. And say it is carvings of our gods where human sacrifices were no doubt carried out :)
Pure unadulterated nonsense.

Today, things can be cut to virtually any tolerance imaginable. Besides, the stones at Puma Punku were most likely cut to a much looser tolerance than they exhibit now, and then polished to the their current tolerance. That's easy. anybody can do it if they have enough time.

Mt. Rushmore wasn't carved without power. It was carved with steam powered jack hammers. Here her some photos of them in operation: Jack hammers on Mt. Rushmore

If you want variety, start an argument with a Jesuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom