Berkley RV homeless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was alive at the time and there was no internet I remember it . We read newspapers.
Another problem with getting the truth was the "mentally incompetent" were not believed and dismissed as being NUTS so therefore they could not tell the truth.
There were cases of mentally ill patients trying to bite a care giver. The "punishment"  to the mentally ill patient was to have all their  teeth pulled without any novocaine. This was an accepted practice.
Remember these were nuts accusing "professionals" of abuse Who do think won? 
Look how long the physical abuse of our Olympic athletes continued before the truth was known. Or the Penn State abuse or so much else.

Bury your heads in the sand as if it did not and does not happen but it does.

darsben said:
I was alive at the time and there was no internet I remember it .

Sorry, my facetious comment was not directed at you nor the validity of what you remember, and was just a general comment

SargeW said:
If it wasn't for some "politician" inventing the internet we would still be reading newspapers....

That's a real knee slapper... 

Thankfully, he was able to see the benefits of the internet, and moved it along, while other politicians could not see the future, but wanted to go back to days gone by.

garyb1st said:
Are you suggesting this is not true?

Believe it or not people have been known to make up facts to suit their feelings.  The Internet is living proof of that.  But a source could help one determine if they choose to believe some of the drivel that is posted on the internet.  Even the source can be suspect at times.

Bill

Paul 1950 said:
Thankfully, he was able to see the benefits of the internet, and moved it along, while other politicians could not see the future, but wanted to go back to days gone by.

In view of what I see on the internet I would go back to days gone by in a heartbeat.  You can have it.

Bill

Bill N said:
Believe it or not people have been known to make up facts to suit their feelings.  The Internet is living proof of that.  But a source could help one determine if they choose to believe some of the drivel that is posted on the internet.  Even the source can be suspect at times.

Bill

It's called the "disconfirmation bias" and the internet is its playground.........

BinaryBob said:
It's called the "disconfirmation bias" and the internet is its playground.........

Actually I believe it is;
Confirmation bias which is the tendency to believe in things you believe in. So if you see something on the net and you will agree.
Disconfirmation bias is the tendency to not believe in things you disagree with.

Bill

Bill N said:
In view of what I see on the internet I would go back to days gone by in a heartbeat.  You can have it.

Bill

Bill, it would appear you're not following your own advice.  ;)

garyb1st said:
Bill, it would appear you're not following your own advice.  ;)

I haven't found the reverse switch yet.  So at 78 I am pressing on knowing that sooner or later I won't have any troubles to worry about.

Bill

Rene T said:
I've often wondered how many of those heroin users started out just smoking a little marijuana socially on weekends only and then it just got out of control.

Maybe the same, or less, than started out drinking alcohol, which is the most abused drug in the world. How many heroin addicts started out on prescription opioids? That is quite a leap from reefer to heroin. Kind of like making a leap from having a beer after work to full blown alcoholism. BTW, addiction, to any substance, behavior, etc., is a mental health problem, whether one likes to acknowledge it or not. Opinions are not facts and should not drive one's perception of an issue.
RichH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom