DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The place looks fine. Much better than the overhead google view showed.

Let us know about the Veteran Memorial.

Any interesting things to walk to there?

Any interesting things to walk to there?
I have not yet even left my RV, I have been making some modifications and drilling it up!

The very difficult to get to pop-up AC outlet kitchen plug somehow got unplugged under all the cabinets, so I totally changed its path and I can now use it with my added inverter or shore power/genny. I am no longer using the difficult to get to outlet behind the cabinets. I had to take the drawers out and then have to strain to reach it. Now it's easy to get to plus I can now use it with my inverter.

Here is the original used AC outlet for my kitchen popout outlet(kinda hidden behind that thick black cable). This mess is the stock mess (almost as bad as some of my work--photo taken with drawer out):

stockoutlet.JPG

Now I can run my MW oven or my Keurig from the popout outlet with my inverter as well as with shore power:

mwovenkeurig.JPG

-Don- Odessa, TX

I was poking around for brisket:

and

Both of those places are close to here, 4.5 miles to BC BBQ and 7.1 miles to JJ's BBQ. Perhaps I will try one or both of them before I leave Odessa.

-Don- 79765

what have you found most interesting about Odessa, besides the GREAT gas prices?

Oh did ya find a place to charge your motorcycle?

Can you do it at the campground ?

Some campgrounds won't let you charge on 30 amp while you are plugged into 50 amp.

what have you found most interesting about Odessa, besides the GREAT gas prices?

Oh did ya find a place to charge your motorcycle?

Can you do it at the campground ?

Some campgrounds won't let you charge on 30 amp while you are plugged into 50 amp.
Charging the bike at an RV park is never an issue, I can plug it into an outside 120 VAC outlet on this motorhome. But this used to be a KOA, so it has all three outlets, the 50, 30 and 20-amp. I plugged it directly into the 20-amp to charge it yesterday, that way I will not pop any circuit breakers in this RV when I use the A/C, MW oven or a hair dryer. The bike draws around 13 amps (1,440 watts) on 120 VAC.

It's now fully charged from last night.

I really like the weather here. Today will get up to 82F/28C. The overnight low will be 50F/10C. Don't need any propane, the electric heater is all I need at late night.

I think I will go rabbit hunting now (for the 2nd largest one in the world). That was last seen ten miles from here at 821 N Sam Houston Ave, if it has not yet hopped away.

BTW, Odessa is well spread out, no real packed areas that I have yet found. Easy to park and get around almost anywhere, especially on a motorcycle.

But did the world's largest jackrabbit hop away to Ralls, Texas? That is 160 miles from here.

-Don- Odessa, TX

I think I will go rabbit hunting now
Tee Hee

Make sure you ask a passerby to take a picture of you next to the 8 foot rabbit!

And if ya see anything ODD, take a picture and the forum group will analyze it! laughing.

After the wabbit chasing (previous message), I got a bit hungry so I stopped at this place. I didn't know what to get, as it all looked very good to me, so I got it all in the Sampler Plate. The owner there is also into motorcycles and there are several of them right in the restaurant.

There was so much food (comes with two sides, dessert and the drink) that I went in starving, came back out crammed full after eating around 20% and took 80% back here to the RV's refrigerator. I had the green beans for one side, Mac Cheese for the other. I had the banana pudding for dessert, root beer for the drink.

This top bike photo is a type of BMW I have never seen anywhere before:

BMW3.JPG Here is the meal, not showing the drink I just went to get:

foodall.JPG

This is the place:
JJs.JPG

A couple of the owner's bikes:
JJSsbike1.JPGsigns.JPG

What I took back here on my motorcycle back to this RV:
togo.JPG

-Don- 79765

Last edited:
I just want to mention ziplock picked a great place for me to go to. I really like Odessa. A town with everything and it is all very easy to get to, very little traffic, easy parking everywhere, even in the middle of the town.

Perfect temps for motorcycle riding this time of year. There is no oil smell anywhere near here, but on the way here in the RV there was a bit north of here. Just smells like clean new oil. I am not sensitive to it. But no trace of the oil smell in town or near this RV park. No smog, just very sunny and clear.

It's the type of place I could return to someday, at least for this time of year. Perhaps not a good place for midsummer. I assume it will be hot then.

I will check that right now . . . .

Not bad at all. Expect 95F/35C for June's peak average hot:

1699129610860.png

Odessa looks like the type of place I could be happy living in. And in all ways, including the weather.

-Don- 79765

I didn't realize Odessa has more than 100,000 people. Wow!
I saw the Odessa sign on a highway today. I went by it at 70 MPH, so no photo.

But it said something like "Odessa--population 178,000". Must be growing fast and I can see why. It's a nice place, IMO.

Things I like here are nice weather, great roads, little traffic, town very spread out, everything is easy to get to. And this town has everything one could possibly want.

IMO, this is not only a nice place to visit, but even a decent place to live.

-Don- 79765

This was in the Jack Jorden parking lot:

1699151415225.png
But I have no idea what restaurant that is for, but sure sounds good to me. Perhaps I should have asked inside JJ's.

Or were they selling this stuff right from the boat?

-Don- 79765

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, the helmet on the rabbit cracked me up!:ROFLMAO:

Looks like you got plenty of food at JJ's, Glad you tried it. And motorcycles to boot. Cool. So, out of the sampler, which was your favorite meat?

Such a large population and not bad traffic! Wow.

So, out of the sampler, which was your favorite meat?
The beef rib, because I have not had one for years. They are very difficult (if not impossible) to find in CA and NV these days. This was not true 20 years ago, so it makes me wonder what changed that made beef ribs so difficult to find. But the pork ribs are everywhere.

In fact, I think the last time I had a beef rib before this was in Quartzsite, AZ and that was many years ago.

-Don- 79765

@DonTom,

Hubby and I are having fun riding shotgun! Okay, I have one more load to do this morning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom