Quote on new tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hes4all said:
Price for 8 tires without the mounting or balancing is $4910.76.
Through FMCA and Michelin the price is $5516.96 without the mounting or balancing.
Ouch, this is why I am doing mine in steps.  The Dealer put two new Michelins on it when we bought it last year.  Next year I am replacing the two driver side rears and then the next year I will replace the passanger side rear tires.  Only put about 2000 miles a year on it so it should work out ok.

captsteve said:
Availability on the Toyo's won't be as big of a problem as you might suspect. on the road the most likely place you would end up is a truck center and most readily stock toyo's you may have to wait a day for delivery from a regional warehouse but that would be the case on any tire of your size.

I believe TA/Petro, Pilot/Flying J, and Loves tire centers all carry Toyo's.  They are great tires.  That's one of the tires I ran on the "regional" trucks before I switched to the Michelin XOne tires.  They really take a beating well, ie. hitting curbs, etc.  In addition, we got great mileage out of them as well.  Before the Toyo's we tried the Bridgestone R260's, another regional tire, but we got 20% less life out of the BS's than the Toyo's.  Not that one would be concerned about tread wear in a MH, but the curbing toughness helps peace of mind on some of the campground roads I've been on.  Sometimes, I think to my self as driving to the site, "This would be a great place for a road."  ;)

PatrioticStabilist said:
I read through this thread, looks like baby is going to get new shoes,  :'(.  I am pricing Michelin 275/70 XZa's 22.5 and see what I come up with for 6.  I was washing the coach and noticed some crazing on a couple near the rim, didn't see any before so must be new.  I look each time I wash it but its been a few months and didn't even notice it but the sun was shining on them and I was checking the tire pressure before leaving tomorrow. Tom also could not see the dates on the inside dualies without taking them off so we don't know.  The others are going on  7 years old.  Not doing it because of that, its because of the aging I'm seeing.

Tom suggested I price some regular truck tires, what's the difference?  do they ride rougher or something,we have truck tire dealers near us up there as they supply them for all the coal trucks up there.  I read the XRA has a sidewall that is less liable to puncture, probably makes them cost more. Like I told hubby likely our last set anyway, I'm 67 and hope I can drive this thing 7 more years, they will age out before miles though she will have 6000 miles on it before I get back home.  Also time for an oil change, hope he has time when he is home.

If you want Michelins you should use the FMCA program (fleet type price). If your not a member then it is worth it to join just for the tire, but it is also a great organization. Other tires are cheaper, but this is probably the best price you can get on Michelin XZA2 ENERGY 275/70R22.5 tires. The only program I know of that is cheaper is the Monaco International Program.

ken

currently in Shorewood, IL headed towards Newfoundland

Back
Top Bottom