Sex in the RV (Fifth Wheel) - What should we know and keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I would think after 100 replies you would be keeping us in mind.
Especially Oldgater!! Lol

Slightly off topic, but still, kind of on topic.

I'm currently doing a camp host position in a non-electric campground at a state park in North Carolina. (The host site does have full hook up, but none of the campsites do. They are all primative sites -- tents.)

Ok, so, this is basically a campground designed for tenting folks. Now, imagine walking the campground at night to ensure everyone is obeying quiet hours when you start hearing the moans and groans of "romance" penetrating through the trees!

Yes, it made me laugh, and no.... I did not report them to the park ranger for breaking the quiet hour rule! Tents REALLY don't provide any sound proofing. But when "love" is in motion, I don't think "love" cares who hears it!

So If the washer & dryer are " Are rockin', don't come Knockin'"??? ;)...
Butch
Exactly! Hehehe. But it is a practical solution that we came up with and will be giving a try when we start, Lord willing, in a couple months.

Slightly off topic, but still, kind of on topic.

I'm currently doing a camp host position in a non-electric campground at a state park in North Carolina. (The host site does have full hook up, but none of the campsites do. They are all primative sites -- tents.)

Ok, so, this is basically a campground designed for tenting folks. Now, imagine walking the campground at night to ensure everyone is obeying quiet hours when you start hearing the moans and groans of "romance" penetrating through the trees!

Yes, it made me laugh, and no.... I did not report them to the park ranger for breaking the quiet hour rule! Tents REALLY don't provide any sound proofing. But when "love" is in motion, I don't think "love" cares who hears it!
Great point about the lack of noise suppression, @DutchmenSport. Somehow, that did not come to mind until you mentioned it - probably because we're actually not very loud at all.

I would think after 100 replies you would be keeping us in mind.
Especially Oldgater!! Lol
Wow! 100+ replies. I never imagined my simple question would generate so much (ahem!) interest. I should say, though, that you all have been very helpful. Honestly, this forum has been my best source of advice to get us started down this path. I started with asking for advice before I narrowed down the rig and truck. Now, I have the rig and truck and loving them! And, we're feeling much more prepared for our trip to start soon, Lord willing.

Reactions: SMR
I told my wife before we married, if she ever tried to to give me that line of ‘we’re too old for sex’, she better have her bags packed the way she wants them, otherwise I’ll have her stuff piled at the curb before the end of the day.

ROFLMAO!!! Who would ask this kind of question that started this thread???
I cant believe the question was serious!!!
Been married for 49 years and have got to believe the post was tongue in cheek to begin with!!! :p

ROFLMAO!!! Who would ask this kind of question that started this thread???
I cant believe the question was serious!!!
Been married for 49 years and have got to believe the post was tongue in cheek to begin with!!! :p
Oh... it was definitely serious. :) I needed to ask because 1) we've never RV'ed before and 2) we will be traveling with our two teenage daughters, and 3) we're newlyweds.**

** - You might ask, "Newlyweds with teenage daughters?" Well, my wife has two daughters that I have now adopted as my own. We recently married. She raised them on her own for many years.

So, I was genuinely concerned.

So, I was genuinely concerned.
Everyone is gonna have a different take on this whole thread.

I think a bunch of folks are also concerned about the issues raised in this thread.

The good thing about this thread is that it exposes a discussion in a direct way about privacy concerns while RV-ing.

In many cultures families live in very close proximity to one another and of course biological needs are gonna prevail. Here in the west, especially the USA we may be a lot more conservative about such things.

I personally am glad you are considering this, testing things out and the final part is I hope you figure out ways to be discrete. The sex issues raised here can be very confusing to teens.

I apologize for my previous response. Your post brought back memories of taking dates to lover's lane. Trying to be subtle so as not to be noticed.. :unsure:

Everyone is gonna have a different take on this whole thread.

I think a bunch of folks are also concerned about the issues raised in this thread.

The good thing about this thread is that it exposes a discussion in a direct way about privacy concerns while RV-ing.

In many cultures families live in very close proximity to one another and of course biological needs are gonna prevail. Here in the west, especially the USA we may be a lot more conservative about such things.

I personally am glad you are considering this, testing things out and the final part is I hope you figure out ways to be discrete. The sex issues raised here can be very confusing to teens.
That is quite astute @Ex-Calif (love the name by the way as we are now officially ex-Cali also). That's exactly the key factor. We come from the Philippines where we are always in close proximity - small homes that are inches apart in small areas. So, it is a merging of two cultures that I'm trying to be sensitve to.

Thanks for the insights from you and the others.

I apologize for my previous response. Your post brought back memories of taking dates to lover's lane. Trying to be subtle so as not to be noticed.. :unsure:
Hahaha! No worries @1stimerver . No apologies necessary. It's a public question in a public forum. So, it's fair game to hear the broad perspectives which actually helps tremendously. There was actually an early response when I first posted this by someone that thought I posted it as click-bait. Little did I know it would become the most viewed and responded topic. :D

Back
Top Bottom