Sex in the RV (Fifth Wheel) - What should we know and keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have now learned the true meaning of old age.
Yesterday, as I lay basking on my verandah, my wife, who was engaged in some domestic maintenance, came to me and said, “Darling, what I need is a really long screw.”
Without a single thought, I went out to the shed to look for one.

Wow! 100+ replies. I never imagined my simple question would generate so much (ahem!) interest. I should say, though, that you all have been very helpful. Honestly, this forum has been my best source of advice to get us started down this path. I started with asking for advice before I narrowed down the rig and truck. Now, I have the rig and truck and loving them! And, we're feeling much more prepared for our trip to start soon, Lord willing.
Just turn off the lights and turn on the radio in the living room.

So, I installed a tripod stabilizer for the front of the rig that mounts under kingpin. Because our bedroom is at the front (Grand Design Solitude 378MBS has the master bedroom at the front), that actually had a greater effect in stabilizing the front than I had initially anticipated.

I had the tripod when I bought the rig but did not install it initially because I heard many say it did not help much. However, in our particular rig, it helps a lot.

So, I installed a tripod stabilizer for the front of the rig that mounts under kingpin.
Just between us, there are people who do sex in RVs other than fifth wheel trailers too. If the RV has powered leveling jacks it is less visible to the neighbors but you still should avoid getting loud. Such actions in a popup trailer have been known to knock the bed supports out and leave them on the ground for people to see. I'll not share how I learned about that. ;) A friend of mine devised a way to use bungee cords to keep his in place.

Such actions in a popup trailer have been known to knock the bed supports out and leave them on the ground for people to see. I'll not share how I learned about that. ;) A friend of mine devised a way to use bungee cords to keep his in place.
Your DW is so smart!!! 😅🤣😂

Just between us, there are people who do sex in RVs other than fifth wheel trailers too. If the RV has powered leveling jacks it is less visible to the neighbors but you still should avoid getting loud. Such actions in a popup trailer have been known to knock the bed supports out and leave them on the ground for people to see. I'll not share how I learned about that. ;) A friend of mine devised a way to use bungee cords to keep his in place.
Ah, great point, @Kirk. I'm so hyper-focused on fifth wheels since that's what we have. Thankfully, we do have 6 stabilizer jacks, two extra manual jacks in the back, and now the tripod at the front

As for getting loud, we're pretty discreet vocally already. It was the rig movement I was embarrassed to ask about here but got the courage to finally ask. I'm glad I did because there was so much good advice.

Oh my golly gosh out-of-the-blue Batman!!!

That is amazing. Their website says they still shipping but this has been around for years. This is exactly what we need. Definitely gonna check this out. @Joezeppy, so glad you joined the discussion. I'm going to call them and let you all know what I find out.

It was the rig movement I was embarrassed to ask about here but got the courage to finally ask. I'm glad I did because there was so much good advice.
Keep in mind that there are probably very few RVs around you that do not at times move about due to the same activities, yet you had never noticed or though anything about it. The same goes for the neighbors seeing your rig move around some. There are many things that can cause an RV that is sitting on a chassis and suspension to move around and most observers pay little or no attention to any but the one that they own. Do not be unduly concerned as nobody else is. :giggle:

Oh my golly gosh out-of-the-blue Batman!!!

That is amazing. Their website says they still shipping but this has been around for years. This is exactly what we need. Definitely gonna check this out. @Joezeppy, so glad you joined the discussion. I'm going to call them and let you all know what I find out.
I had the Steadyfast system and it worked great. I could stabilize my 5th wheel rv in about 1 minute. I would highly recommend it.

I had the Steadyfast system and it worked great. I could stabilize my 5th wheel rv in about 1 minute. I would highly recommend it.
Hi @Rene T , I would love to hear more about your experience and understand the conditions in which you use it.

Are you a full-timer? Do you move from location to location or are you fixed long-term in one location? If you move around, what's your average stay in one location?

I'm trying to understand how it would fit into our lifestyle. We expect to be traveling 8 to 9 months a year and moving from place to place every 2 to 3 weeks.

Keep in mind that there are probably very few RVs around you that do not at times move about due to the same activities, yet you had never noticed or though anything about it. The same goes for the neighbors seeing your rig move around some. There are many things that can cause an RV that is sitting on a chassis and suspension to move around and most observers pay little or no attention to any but the one that they own. Do not be unduly concerned as nobody else is. :giggle:
Thanks, @Kirk . As you may recall from my original post, my primary concern was actually how easily the kids (ages 18 and 19 (both daughters) would feel the RV moving and shaking.

...so glad you joined the discussion.
Oh, I've been following this one since the beginning. See post #40.

Did not have the SteadyFast on that camper but have had it on the next two! I did a lot of research on the various systems out there and Rene's experience with it and his recommendations helped me make the final decision.

my primary concern was actually how easily the kids (ages 18 and 19 (both daughters) would feel the RV moving and shaking.
And that is probably something that only you and your partner can control. There is no way to totally prevent some movement of an RV. On the other hand, there is a pretty good chance that they already know what and at least sometimes when it takes place.

Oh, I've been following this one since the beginning. See post #40.

Did not have the SteadyFast on that camper but have had it on the next two! I did a lot of research on the various systems out there and Rene's experience with it and his recommendations helped me make the final decision.
Hahaha! I just read post #40 again.
As for the Steadyfast system, I ordered it. It arrives in a few days. I will install it and provide some updates here on how effective it is in reducing the wobble.

I ordered it also to take the strain off the support jacks. I figured that reducing the wobble from even just the normal movements in the RV would help extend the useful life of the jack supports.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom